Nicky Haden is on Pole !

Wow what a race. What a crap shoot though. That was the weirdest race I have ever watched. I watched Nicky go from 1st to 16th on the first lap and thought he cooked his clutch on the start. Turns out it was just a real hard tire and some rain! I thought he was going to be able to hold off Rossi after he got by him but the track was drying out and it would be raining in other spots. Tough to make a rain tire last in those conditions. Then Checa pits for a rear slick! Down within half a lap! Overall Nicky salveaged what could have been another horid ride and only lost 5 points to Rossi. Pedrosa got lapped! This is going to get good! Got to give props to vermeulen he rode his butt off for second! If Suzuki gets a decent bike under him he will win races!

Man, I thought Nicky's championship title chance was out the window with that horrendous start!!

But he made a few passes, swapped out to the rain tires, made a couple more passes and

BOOM!!

Pedrosa's in 14th and Rossi is right in front of him
biggrin.gif

It was great watching Nicky and Vale pass rider after rider to get to 4th and 5th. If Nicky had had another hundred feet he'd a passes Gib too or if Rossi had a 1000 feet less he'd a never passed Gib. That sucked for Nicky when Rossi got be Gib on the last corner...

I didn't hear about the complaint filing on Rossi for passing on the Yellow. I don't remember a Yellow displayed in that race??
rock.gif

The yellow flag I believe was when he passed Pedrosa...your not suppose to pass on a waving yellow...which Hayden said Rossi did
rock.gif

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 17 2006,23:52) The yellow flag I believe was when he passed Pedrosa...your not suppose to pass on a waving yellow...which Hayden said Rossi did
rock.gif
When did the yellow come out?

When most of the guys pitted for rain tires??

No it was late in the race...if you watch "OUR" footage in the post race interview with Hayden he talks about it.

It's in the full race vid at the end...not the small interview clips.

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 17 2006,23:57) No it was late in the race...if you watch "OUR" footage in the post race interview with Hayden he talks about it.

It's in the full race vid at the end...not the small interview clips.
Are you getting my PMs??

Something is screwy around here...

RSD back....

I'm getting your pm's...are you getting mine
rock.gif

Check your email for the pic that I posted in your "Perfect Sh!t" thread
super.gif

If it had not rained...Rossi - bet on it.

I so loved the last turn pass of the Spanish Ass - Gibernever.
With Rossi having to endure being pushed off the track in the first race, a bad front tire and some bike failures (including the blown motor right before my eyes here) he is doing well..........would have been his 8th by now except for those events.

I agree with MC Mustang... I haven't seen anyone flat out beat Rossi this year. To rightly say you are the best in the world, you have to beat him.

If the weather wouldn't have gotten bad, I could see Rossi getting another 24 - 25 points. He is Jordanese like... thrives under pressure.

Hayden, get your game face on because they ain't gonna give it to you.
lurk.gif

what was the deal with Hayden's start - SpeedTV never covered it. He was pole at the start then next thing you know he's in 15th - bike prob. or just a really really bad start?

Rossi's move through the field before the bike swaps was pretty friggin incredible!

Seems that Rossi was caught cheating... again! Everybody in the free world saw him pass Stoner under a waving yellow and of course the stooges at FIM looked away... again! And Honda is pissed!

(bigoltool @ Sep. 18 2006,20:16) Seems that Rossi was caught cheating... again! Everybody in the free world saw him pass Stoner under a waving yellow and of course the stooges at FIM looked away... again! And Honda is pissed!
Yup!!

wink.gif

Hummmmmmmm  
all_coholic.gif
, maybe they got the same judges as F 1 has with Schume and  Alonso  
lurk.gif

You know, if the racing isn't close in the Champ points, I know how to make'em close
laugh.gif

Back