NHRA 4 wide nationals

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
How long have they been doing this ?
I turn on 'NHRA Drag Racing' yesterday on the deuce to see this....
43884_27.jpg

It wasn't a exhibition either as all the big names were there.
Are they planning on having 4 wide replace 2 wide racing?

It was cool looking as four cars thundered down the strip.
I can imagine how loud it was with four of em full throttle!

I think it's just that track. I watched it yesterday. I thought there was too much going on to keep up with 4 cars making 4 second runs.

How long have they been doing this ?
I turn on 'NHRA Drag Racing' yesterday on the deuce to see this....
43884_27.jpg

It wasn't a exhibition either as all the big names were there.
Are they planning on having 4 wide replace 2 wide racing?

It was cool looking as four cars thundered down the strip.
I can imagine how loud it was with four of em full throttle!

I was there in 08!.....:cheerleader:....Them babys take your ear drums clean out!:beerchug:

This started last year at only one track. Thank God it is only one track, there is too much to watch with only 2 cars running. Most of the fans and drivers do not like the 4 wide format. I would stop following NHRA if they ran 4 wide at more than one event.

This started last year at only one track. Thank God it is only one track, there is too much to watch with only 2 cars running. Most of the fans and drivers do not like the 4 wide format. I would stop following NHRA if they ran 4 wide at more than one event.

I agree hate the four wide. It gives the fans less to watch. Stupid idea they had.

It started a couple of years ago here in Charlotte. This is the only track that does it. They built the track with the idea that if something happens like a car blowing the motor and oiling down the track they could just swap lanes and continue running without loosing too much time. Its fun if you're there in person. I love it
Posted via Mobile Device

i think last year was the first event, I dunno yet if I like it or not. kinda cool but if one car has control issues, well you get the picture, it aint gonna be pretty.

Thanks but bad idea. I've watched nhra for years and once I saw 4 wide I turned it off. I do understand and appreciate the effort. Ill pass!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Drag racing is boring to watch at the track. The NHRA is trying to get attendance up. Bruton Smith came up with the four wide idea last year or the year before. Built the track and told the NHRA they were going to run it and not as an exhibition. The drivers hated it said they were confused by the lights and staging, too dangerous etc. Submitted a petition saying they were not going to do it again. What Bruton wants Bruton gets. Huge supporter of the NHRA, owns almost a dozen tracks. The drivers shut up completely and instantly after Bruton laid down the law a couple of weeks later.

Drag racing is boring to watch on TV, its awesome at the track. Being able to feel them suckers fly down the strip. I like the idea, how is there too much to watch? Do you have a seizure watching Nascar? :laugh: :poke:

Back