Laguna.  Greg White is still a weiner.

Dennis The Menace

Donating Member
Registered
Who watched the Motogp at Laguna yesterday.  Great first half between Stoner and Rossi.  But I can't get passed Greg White as the play by play guy.  I realize they may have viewers who don't normally watch motorcycle racing watching on CBS, as opposed to Speed.  But come on.   Do they really wear helmets, leather suits and pucks, so they can drag their knees.  Oh thanks Greg, I never would have figured it out.  And the yelling and screaming.  Where the hell was Freddie Spencer.  Or the guys who normally do MotoGP.

It wasn't even a full HD wide screen broad cast.  Oh sorry, we save that for NAPCAR.  It was a good race,  Spies did well for only he second time out, but the actual programing sucked arse.

Oh and it was so cool when the Cruise's got to shake Valentino's hand, Ohhh I could have just died.  Its was the the Best (to be said in you best gay voice).

Lame Lame Lame.

Could not agree more. Funny you post this because I was laughing the whole time.

Great race. Poor commentary.

Where's Freddy?

r8

what is so sad about showing it at cbs that there were hardly any before race interviews, they immediately jump into racing at the beginning of the hour and i think i saw more of tom cruise and his bride than anything else. oh well... typical abc,cbs nbc, bull crap.
how do they expect to get more people interested in moto gp.
deadhorse.gif

firedevil.gif

I know it sounds stupid to most but first hand I can tell you that to the un-initiated, that if they (new viewer to road racing) have no idea of what is going on, they will gain zero interest... who whats to watch something you have no clue about..

So thats what those "towels around the tires are for" etc... if you want to see GP racing or any other bike racing take off, then the viewers need educated.. yea sounds stupid to the "experts" but the beginners are grateful...

case in point... what is a wickerbilll, spacer plate, restricter plate, fuel cell

you know how stupid that sounds on a car race to a crew chief when they hear it?

I'll take the opposing view here.  enjoyed the race pretty much ignoring most of the commentary.  I thought he did fine and it didn't make it any better or worse to me.  for the everyman nascar watcher, explaining the gear is a fine idea.  But to know it all cyclists like us, it just seems silly or stupid.  commentators must have these lists of nearly un-race related crap to throw in when nothing exciting is happening - it was the "Leathers" moment.  all sports does that - and I hate it.  but since I never see live cycle racing EVER on my TV [no cable or any of that] I thought it was a great show!  I even recorded it and watched it again slow mo-ing the mistakes.

HD - what are they thinking?   They HAVE all those cameras....  USE THEM, IDIOTS!!  it doesn't cost anymore electricity to run an HD cam over regular and I am sure the mixing bus can handle it.  I guess those cams were on loan to that other network for that exciting round of HD golf

Great Race for sure

Rossi is back in full song and means business, just like a few years ago when he was pushing his way past the other riders.

Stoner was complaining about the rough housing from Rossi, but the 12 year old kid is just not used to playing with the tuff guys like Rossi.

Only Rossi can beat you with a slower bike and yes Mr. Stoner - - its much easier and less rough with a faster bike way up in front with no other bikes around you, but you are in MOTOGP and Rossi will hunt you down.

Dam - Rossi is fun to watch

Best Racing of the season for surreeeeeeee

Rossi was in his Greatness Mode  
ThumbsUp.gif
! I really enjoyed the race and Stoner
winkold.gif
, well his bike was moving as though it was setup to tight for the race. I love Duc's and am a Duc Fan, But Rossi's Bike
sadnews.gif
, well it was as smooth as a Baby's Behind
laugh.gif

One link for you

www.motogp.com

$45 year subscription. Excellent announcers, tons of interviews, taped races and you can watch the races LIVE.

Speed sucks major arse.

MotoGP should learn from F1 ... let your own experts control the video feed (they never miss a shot) and then demand expert commentators to fill in the audio.

it doesn't cost anymore electricity to run an HD cam over regular and I am sure the mixing bus can handle it.
For a live event, shooting HD is fooking expensive. Everything down to the cables costs more. Moto GP doesn't shoot any of their races in HD yet.

guess i will just never fit in with the moto gp gods
bowdown.gif
.... I have little or no understanding of what all is involved and who is who.. I know 2 or 3 names and thats about it..

I knew what a tire warmer was but I only had partial knowledge of "why" it was needed.. (in fact required for race tires I found out, who would have guessed)

Kind of disappointing.. when "drag racing" was at this point, seems there was more "racer/fan" support to educate the masses. We would take people at every race and walk them through the trailers and show them some of the insider type stuff..

i will just give it up.. (well I am going to a race but likely my one and only) I doubt they need my patronage to keep alive
laugh.gif
just some stupid hick car guy....
face7.gif

but the networks have all the gear and use it. major broadcast network can't cover this in HD? oh well. would have looked SWEET!

And no commercials cutting up the race while watching it on motogp.com! Cutting up the race just kills me!!

Well
winkold.gif
, at least they didn't use, "SAM THE POSEY" as a commentator
argue.gif
. That guys knows less about how to cover a race than anyone I have ever heard
tissue.gif

blonde.gif

I didn't watch the race but I did have a non-rider come up to me today and say "hey I saw that motorcycle stuff on TV...".

For a non-rider to get a spark of interest is probably a good thing for the sport.

I didn't watch the race but I did have a non-rider come up to me today and say "hey I saw that motorcycle stuff on TV...".

For a non-rider to get a spark of interest is probably a good thing for the sport.
I think it is lost on the vets.. but you see what is going on...

Back