Next person to post up a "Dramatic COPS" thread Wins!?

The infection of defection is contagious to those whose hearts are blinded to the greater good for all. The last couple of weeks threads are getting more and more like a daytime talk show and the content just as lame. I enjoy doing more constructive things with my time and that's one of the bigger reasons I began to post up and get involved in the org (spent a little over a year just watching and listening). Nobody wants to see anyone leave no matter how much good they've done for the org or how much they disagree. It's just as the brother said, got to show respect for the family and the homeowner. Maturity is the point where we begin to realize our purpose and utilize our energies in the expression of same. From what I've come to know that means making the good things known and known well. Someone who might consider themselves a Christian might say something about our purpose being to glorify our Creator (meaning making Him known and known well). From what I've experienced I have more satisfaction from my living experiences making the good known and known well and this is what I've seen mostly transpire on the org. Don't make it so hard 'B' (and any others), it isn't as bad as you may think.....

I believe the Okalahoma Highway Patrol Owns some Busa's for Duty Work.....

And I also believe Most of The "Popular" & "Great" Haybusa Forums are Owned by Former or Current Police officers!.........How Ironic! and Funny!

Last edited:
I believe the Okalahoma Highway Patrol Owns some Busa's for Duty Work.....

And I also believe Most of The "Popular" & "Great" Haybusa Forums are Owned by Former or Current Police officers!.........How Ironic! and Funny!

The problem is that you have no idea what your talking about, you have never met me and you have no idea who or what I am.

If you want a head to head debate on law enforcement you and I can get after it.. The problem is this......

Your opinions are just that your opinions... I lived life on the street as a cop for many years, I also served as a fire investigator and fire chief.

It's just so funny how people that have never worked the streets want to be the first ones to arm chair quarterback the men on the street.

Not sure what you do for a living but I'm willing to take a guess that it doesn't take you making split seconds decisions then having to live with the consequences for the rest of your life... You seem like just another complainer that wants to watch a 30 second video on you tube and make a broad conclusion that all cops are bad.

We limit the discussion on the forums in these areas because absolutely no good can come from the bashing... I am not going to change your mind and your definately not going to change mine... The people that thrive on these discussions are the ones that like to stir the pot and like to cause contraversy. I can have a mature conversation with most anyone face to face but there are many people that have more courage on the Internet to say things that they would never say when looking a person in the eyes. I have been running this site for 10 years now, I have seen folks that hate cops because they got busted and they hold a grudge, maybe the problem isn't the law but your inabilty to obey the law. To say that all cops are bad is as ridiculas as saying that all doctors are greedy and all lawyers are, well I will stop there...

Internet tough guys are the first in line to talk crap about how cops should act and how they should do their job. You wouldn't think of telling a doctor how to take your appendix out, a soldier how to go to combat or a engineer how to design a building unless you had some experience and training..

How easy it is for people to sit on the sidelines and watch the game and never even play.

What have you done that would offer you the experience or insight to critique a cop? The funny thing is that most people that have that insight know to keep their mouths shut and let the people involved work it out.

Now if you think that this site is loaded with censor nazi's then I suggest that you move on and have a great time. I never said that this place was where everyone should be. We hear consistantly that people like the atmosphere, attitudes and relationships that are here. We accomplish the environment by stopping problems before they start.

CAp

Another great post by the Cap himself. You have great talent in ending issues as such!

I forgot to add that I was an EMT and an Intermediate Paramedic. I have driven the ambulances hot to the hospital and I have tech'd the back too. In the situation above I have seen both sides of the story from the medics position and the cops.... I do have inside information, experience and yet I have kept my opinions about it to myself.

This is funny, because most of my ridding buddies are LEO's fed, state, municipal & private sector, and all laugh at it...!!!!
it is part of life, if they dont like how good you look in uniform, its their problem
deal wit it

Pretty sure those are legend only... Like nessie... I've never seen one. It's like trying to find a fat UPS driver....

My apologies, I meant UPS driver, singular. I have one, he must be the exception that proves the rule.:whistle:

I agree, why are so many scared of a spirited debate?

The following statements are made IMHO.

I don't think it has anything to do with people being scared of a debate. The problem presents itself when people no longer have anything constructive or intelligent to say and the "debate" degenerates into police (or whatever else) bashing. I'm not saying that people shouldn't discuss things like the video that brought this on, but bringing that sort of thing here is just asking for trouble. The common interest that we all share is the Hayabusa. When you bring in an alien topic like law enforcement it's bound to stir things up because it is not our common thread. We all come from different backgrounds and will almost certainly have very different opinions on it, some of them extreme. People get all worked up and what started off as a good thread can quickly spiral into chaos.

I think this is a very well run site and I understand why some topics should be avoided in order to keep the peace. While I don't always agree with all the decisions of the rulemakers here, I am always free to leave if I want.

And in case you haven't already guessed, yes, I too am in the badge & gun business.

Like John (racerv) said, it's Captains house and if you don't like his rules...move on:poke:

Obviously this would hold true if the rule remained. I think others here are just expressing their desire to have rationale and civil discussions. I don't think anyone here would approve of some of the vitriolic comments that have been made in past threads. I have much respect for anyone that can handle a forum of this size and I fully appreciate this site and what it has provided in the way of invaluable information. But let's also remember that without the members, there would be no site.

In short, there's a difference between "cops suck" and "that cop was wrong."

Last edited:
It is interesting in watching how people interact and how problems arise. One persons issue is another's crusade and a non starter to a third. In this day and age where we are friends with more people in a virtual environment then physical, the lines of good behavior are seriously blurred and in some cases non-existent.

I agree that good spirited discussion have a place, but one fact truly remains ever present here...it is not our house. We are only invited guests and the primary reason we are here is the love of a specific motorcycle. So I have to seriously agree with Captain on all his points here. And to be total honest after being around anger and negativity in the news, on tv, radio and print...this is like an oasis from all that crap where my passion for this crazy mod riddled addiction can be filled.

Life is hard enough...let's try to look for the positive for awhile. I would challenge everyone this week to try to come up with at least three new positive threads that have nothing to do with bikes but some how capture the better part of us, our families, our friends or even our jobs.

It is interesting in watching how people interact and how problems arise. One persons issue is another's crusade and a non starter to a third. In this day and age where we are friends with more people in a virtual environment then physical, the lines of good behavior are seriously blurred and in some cases non-existent.

I agree that good spirited discussion have a place, but one fact truly remains ever present here...it is not our house. We are only invited guests and the primary reason we are here is the love of a specific motorcycle. So I have to seriously agree with Captain on all his points here. And to be total honest after being around anger and negativity in the news, on tv, radio and print...this is like an oasis from all that crap where my passion for this crazy mod riddled addiction can be filled.

Life is hard enough...let's try to look for the positive for awhile. I would challenge everyone this week to try to come up with at least three new positive threads that have nothing to do with bikes but some how capture the better part of us, our families, our friends or even our jobs.

Good one Dr. E. :beerchug:

You hit the nail on the head. That is how easy it is to get out of control. We went down that road from time to time, and it does not pay to just let the little slide. many just keep taking advantage of the little leeway. I aam one that bilieves to give everyone a right to vent as long as it does not attack individuals are specific groups.

Well, when people start talking smack or personally bashing another member, that is where the Admin is supposed to step in. I know for a fact that you guys can delete single posts, re-word a post and even give a biotch slap to the person in a PM. But to delete a whole thread or say no more threads about a specific subject is just retarted IMO.
Again, I dont own the place and I know that Doug wants it to be the best it can be but WTF?

Go to Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com and read the dang smack and vulgar that goes on there, but yet they have tons of people on all the time and a million of the best sponsors. And I'm not trying to compare that place with this, but come on..

You hit the nail on the head. That is how easy it is to get out of control. We went down that road from time to time, and it does not pay to just let the little slide. many just keep taking advantage of the little leeway. I aam one that bilieves to give everyone a right to vent as long as it does not attack individuals are specific groups.
Like the video on the other thread.. what it did not show was that the ambulance was doing 65 mph in a residential area and almost hit 4 kids on bicycles as they rode out of a driveway... yet people will defend the meat wagon driver..

Just impossible to have an intelligent debate based on a video that starts out with hostile intent.. if it was your mom in the box, yea you would want her transported as quick as possible but would you care if someone else was killed in the process? look at the numbers of ambulances involved in accidents (not very encouraging) but shows the futility of a debate on that type of issue..

I think this site has plenty of intelligent debates every day.. but it is not a political site.. it is about bikes.. The site owner is a practicing Christian and am glad he follows his heart on where the site goes.. There are plenty of other sites to get into heated debates about "bad cop" etc..

May not always agree with Doug or site policy but that is how the cookie crumbles... he is doing what he feels is right and I am glad to see it.. :thumbsup:

The blue code of silence lives everywhere. :shutup: :hide:

I can understand putting a stop to bashing but I'm a bit shocked that criticism isn't tolerated. i guess it's dependant on the subject and/or manor. oh well I'll try not to mention when my post man doesn't deliver my periodical because he choose to keep ot for himself or toss it in the garbage. Since he's a gov. employee I'll assume criticism wont be tolerated. I'll try and do my best to stick to positive hayabusa related subjects and comments. :bowdown:

I can understand putting a stop to bashing but I'm a bit shocked that criticism isn't tolerated. i guess it's dependant on the subject and/or manor. oh well I'll try not to mention when my post man doesn't deliver my periodical because he choose to keep ot for himself or toss it in the garbage. Since he's a gov. employee I'll assume criticism wont be tolerated. I'll try and do my best to stick to positive hayabusa related subjects and comments. :bowdown:
I think that is the key right there... what is the criticism based on? a 60 second video that may or may not tell the whole story? Seems more of the problem is that an intentionally inflammatory piece of video is posted up with out any regard for accuracy in story... A debate starts based on this video and before you know it, the cop that stopped a guy for speeding in a residential area is the bad guy..

It's post that show up just like this with a cynical and sarcastic overtone that start the spiral down.. You can't just accept the situation and move on you want to make a comment about it. Thats the difference between somone who wants to have a discussion and someone who wants to start a contraversy....

Many of you are all wrong though, Bogus, RacerV, Rayabusa0818..... This is your house and I have been charged with keeping civil order. As a group we make this place unique in that we hold the values the silent majority wants. It may be true that I had a vision of what I wanted here but it's the support of the silent majority that keeps me going in the right direction. There are ton's of websites out there where you can go bash cops all day long, upload your own videos and have thousands of people that will agree with you... If you want to argue with someone about it then go over to your local FOP website and stir something there I'm sure you can get a spirited debate from them.

At the end of the day our vision holds true, we want to build relationships and arguing over topics where the beliefs are so different will not help that cause. We know you will not sway a single person either way by debating or arguing, trust me when I say that I know exactly how topics will end up. I have been around guys on busa's for 10 years... I have told the admins before to watch certain threads because your know exactly where it's going. Not everyone understands what a personal attack is, not everyone here would agree on what crossing the line means.... Why put ourselves into a situation where we bring negative attitudes and feelings into the forum, it doesn't help our ultimate cause........

"You don't have to slide down a banister covered in razor blades to know that it's gonna hurt..... "

Some topics are best left not talked about here.....

CAp

Back