Next person to post up a "Dramatic COPS" thread Wins!?

This place has enough stoopid,morally questionable posts around (with Rubb posting again) :laugh: I dont think we need to re-live the "Smack Shack" forum thing again.
Hope Aquaman and others dont pack their bags over this.Lets all chill and solve our differences properly,over a couple beers and some arm wrestling.:laugh:

RSD.

i wish there was a way for someone to share the video links with us without having all the comments that follow because i really enjoy the video's and dont always find them myself...things like that are what keep me on here all day...laughing and having a good time and posting up advice while i look

While I havent read the entire thread, the few posts I did read that possed negative tones towards the policy of not bashing officers really pisses me off.

As Captain said, bunch of arm chair quarter backs.

Y'all dont seem to get it.

The reason for 0 tolerance is because there are some extremely imature and / or ignorant people who post here and elsewhere that are totally incapable of keeping a discussion civl at any level.

I can almost provide a 100% gaurantee that any cop bashing post will eventually get real ugly.

And it isnt just the cop bashing, the problem is when one person starts making negative comments everyone else starts acting like sheep and follows and before you know it the bashing has turned into something like a shark feeding frenzy until the point of people getting their feelings hurt.

Screw all of you who think we are over moderating and being censor nazi's. if someone behaves in a mature and reasonable manner and does not make posts that are deragatory towards another human being you wont have any problems here.

To those who want to bash, belittle and otherwise just be a mean spirited person who wants to start crap and does not posses the common sense ability to not sterotype then you really are not on the right board.

Last edited:
It really is a shame that we can't seem to have a civil discourse without it generating into a bashing contest where everyone get's too excited and makes it personal, then the claws have to come out. CAP and the Admins have a difficult job, that most of us don't ever see (which I'm certain is intriging) behind the scenes...Over 10 years and 2 million posts I suspect it's happened before, so they have a history of "thread's gone bad" and are doing their best to keep it from degenerating into the "Jerry Springer Hayabusa Board". I wouldn't have the patience for being an Admin. I'm sure as heck not going to armchair quarterback their decisions. If adults didn't behave like children sometimes it would be alot easier on us all, but we all know that's impossible so they are left to deal with it and keep the discourse between the right and left range fan markers.

Brendan, I also understand your opine regarding the even hint of censorship, because most all of us are patriots (and by the number of people posting who have previously served) who put our lives on the line to protect that right - and it's instinctive to balk at it. However, this board is a private enterprise not protected by free speach rights, so the Owners have the right to manage it as they see fit, and by being part of it we agree to abide by their rules. I had a chance to meet and talk with Doug at the bash, and think he's doing a great job, especially when there may be those out there who are trying to undermine what this board is about just for pure 'sport'. I may not always like the "0 tolerance" part, but is understand how it gets out of hand, and it takes a strong hand to keep things running smoothly.

Frankly, I'm :deadhorse: ; I'm surprised this thread hasn't aleady been closed to further posts. The point has been made; I'm sure it will eventually have to be made again.

Now can I have my Toaster? :moon:

Might I suggest that someone create a busa.org critical thinking forum on a free board host somewhere? If you want to duke it out over inflammatory issues, just go there. Most likely it won't last, but it's a thought.

Might I suggest that someone create a busa.org critical thinking forum on a free board host somewhere? If you want to duke it out over inflammatory issues, just go there. Most likely it won't last, but it's a thought.

We did this several years ago and it was called the smack shack.. turned into a hate forum and shook the very foundations that this site operates on... If you want to go argue with someone go find a political, religious or open forum to do that on, there are thousands of them out there...

You're wanting to make this place into something that it was not intended or designed for.

Square peg round hole comes to mind.

It really is a shame that we can't seem to have a civil discourse without it generating into a bashing contest where everyone get's too excited and makes it personal, then the claws have to come out. CAP and the Admins have a difficult job, that most of us don't ever see (which I'm certain is intriging) behind the scenes...Over 10 years and 2 million posts I suspect it's happened before, so they have a history of "thread's gone bad" and are doing their best to keep it from degenerating into the "Jerry Springer Hayabusa Board". I wouldn't have the patience for being an Admin. I'm sure as heck not going to armchair quarterback their decisions. If adults didn't behave like children sometimes it would be alot easier on us all, but we all know that's impossible so they are left to deal with it and keep the discourse between the right and left range fan markers.

Brendan, I also understand your opine regarding the even hint of censorship, because most all of us are patriots (and by the number of people posting who have previously served) who put our lives on the line to protect that right - and it's instinctive to balk at it. However, this board is a private enterprise not protected by free speach rights, so the Owners have the right to manage it as they see fit, and by being part of it we agree to abide by their rules. I had a chance to meet and talk with Doug at the bash, and think he's doing a great job, especially when there may be those out there who are trying to undermine what this board is about just for pure 'sport'. I may not always like the "0 tolerance" part, but is understand how it gets out of hand, and it takes a strong hand to keep things running smoothly.

Frankly, I'm :deadhorse: ; I'm surprised this thread hasn't aleady been closed to further posts. The point has been made; I'm sure it will eventually have to be made again.

Now can I have my Toaster? :moon:
this is a phenomenon of the "impersonal nature" of a forum board.. the same guys are completely different in person.. (otherwise, Dino would be a bug splat :rofl:) We save the fun talks for the fire side chats at MnG's where everyone is immediately accountable for their statments and they can not run inside and become a differient user for the sake of a thread..

(sorry Dino, you were the best example I could think up right this second :) ) Toasters are on the second level right behind sporting goods...

You're wanting to make this place into something that it was not intended or designed for.

I am not wanting to do anything. I am simply suggesting this as an alternative for those that wish to carry on those types of debates.
I have not advocated one position over the other, nor is it my place to do so.

Its the man I tell ya!! ITS THE MAN!!! he is everywhere!!! :banghead:

It's like 1984 all over again.:rofl:

In response to the post about the OHP's attitude, I call :bs: I personally know 2 OHP officers. I have nothing but postive things to say about both of them. They are both great guys. Look forward to seeing them again.

It's like 1984 all over again.:rofl:

In response to the post about the OHP's attitude, I call :bs: I personally know 2 OHP officers. I have nothing but postive things to say about both of them. They are both great guys. Look forward to seeing them again.

Lets face facts, this OHP bashing thread hit a major nerve in some of us because of the OHP members we have on this forum. You won't find better people anywhere, and anyone who has something negative to say about them will probably not get the type of reply they are looking for. Our OHP members would be the first to call out an officer that was out of bounds, but I don't think the short video that was posted tells the whole story.

this is a phenomenon of the "impersonal nature" of a forum board.. the same guys are completely different in person.. (otherwise, Dino would be a bug splat :rofl:) We save the fun talks for the fire side chats at MnG's where everyone is immediately accountable for their statments and they can not run inside and become a differient user for the sake of a thread..

(sorry Dino, you were the best example I could think up right this second :) ) Toasters are on the second level right behind sporting goods...

Darnit bogus....(Sam please note that it was not ME that stirred this pot)...I am not a bug splat because I am 6'3" 240 and I can run fast....plus you are old....so HA!

Anyhow, geeze can't we all just get along...There are some great cops and then there is DO3 ok, live with it....Wait I meant to say there are good cops and there are bad cops. I personally know some great people that are also Cops, DO3 for one but several others. So why bash them? It is silly anyhow because every population has bad apples and it seems that is all you hear about.

So I salute that good ones out there that get no press but push on every day trying to make a difference. :beerchug:

Back