newbie questions: clutch,FI

OB_Johnnycheese

Registered
Barry Get The mod and was that at Alamo dragstip don't go there it is a peice of s**t track.
I hope you went to Sequin.Houston is having abike shoot out this Saturday even if you don't want to race there are plenty of Great Ideas there.

JC,
Thanks, I ran at RCR (it's 15 minutes from my house). I agree about Alamo. I won their season bike championship in '91 and am intimately familiar with how suckey everything about it and its management are. Can you give me some technical details about the clutch. Also, any experience with the transient throttle response? I won't make HRP, but I'll probably see you around sometime at RCR. I'll either be on a big tire/bar bike ('82 Silver GS1100 style) or the 'Busa.

Just do the Brock Mod on the clutch.
And do a throttle body snych and TPS adjust it will help a bit but 2000 models have a different timing at low end that makes them kinda surgey and a instant power on at 3500

Great Board! I've been watching for awhile, but this is my first post. Took my Y2K Blue/Silver to the dragstrip to celebrate it's 1000 mile birthday this weekend. Best pass 10.24/137 mph (80%RH, 80deg F, 180# rider, stock setup). What's the clutch mod everyone talks about? I thought the bike launched better than any sportbike I've ever ridden; very forgiving. I didn't notice any peculiarities caused by the lockup feature. I do a lot of twisties, so I'm not interested in drag-only mods. Also, do the PC-II remaps for pipes/airbox mods clean up the abrupt off-on throttle transitions? If not, does anyone know what will soften it up a little?

PS: My only 'net access is at work, so I'm not ignoring you if it takes me awhile to reply...Thanks

[This message has been edited by BarryW. (edited 05 June 2000).]

Back