Clutch Question

squashgood

Registered
I have a Hayabusa powered MEV - having some problems with a jerky clutch. The only good thing with C-19 is I now have plenty of time to take it to pieces and investigate. It appears that the clutch has been modified - the back torque limiter has been welded into the central billet. The clutch springs are yellow - I guess they are uprated. Any ideas on how I can test this?
My main question is when I removed the clutch plates, when I got to the last plate I expected there to be two rings, one a flat washer and the other like a "washer spring". The internal diameter of the last clutch plate being slightly larger than the rest to accommodate these rings. However there was nothing there. Is this a known modification, or have they forgotten to be installed. If they had been forgotten would the symptoms be a slightly jerky clutch? can anyone help me with this. I also attach a picture of the springs just in case someone recognises their distinctive colour.

Sounds like 2 parts missing to me.Some new mod,I doubt it,but who knows.Looks like aftermarket springs which can be measured.(against the stock length listed in yer manual) Does the clutch basket have deep grooves from wear ? Did it have a rattling sound coming from it? In neutral clutch pulled in....quiet....then let out...rattle sound/vibration?

have a look at this micro (from my hp at gen1 or gen2)
genI 99-´1
CLUTCH_(MODEL_X,Y,K1).jpg

gen1 ´02-´03 (-´07)
CLUTCH_(MODELK2,K3).jpg

and perhaps you find out what you´re missing.

look into the manual there you find forces in pounds / kg for the springs
plus their lengths when original.

and - what the heck gen are we talking about ??????????????

Never seen Yellow springs

X99er Spring BLUE Free lenght 24.88mm ,Service Limit lenght 23.70mm
Y&K1 Spring BLUE Free lenght 28.96mm ,Service Limit lenght 27.60mm
K2-K6 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Free lenght 28.96mm ,Service Limit lenght 27.60mm
K8-L . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Free lenght 37.13mm ,Service Limit lenght 35.30mm 1,39in
B-King Spring PINK Free lenght 37.13mm,Service Limit lenght 35.30mm 1,39in

Thanks Berlin - it is a 2005 gen-1 - so I believe it should have the washer and spring washer part 14 and 15.
I have found a site which talks about leaving 14/15 out when using a hayabusa engine for a car.

Thanks for your help VP - yes there is no 9 and 10 in my clutch. Sorry really basic question - which manual have you sent me a copy from - I only have a Haynes / Is this manual available for purchase?

It can be a Brock's clutch cushing kit in you clutch pack .
Use Search bar upper right corner on this page : Sandrail / kit car clutch options
Download link All manuals from 99 till K7 in this

Back