Newbie nitrous question.

jethro52185

Registered
So I was thinking of adding a dry kit to my bike and been doing some research. I see stuff about custom maps and all on this forum. I'm not looking to add a bunch of power. I was thinking a 15 or 20 shot at the most. I'm on a stock swingarm, and really just like the thought of having nitrous. Is it the best option? Probably not, and I know this. My question is, is it possible to use a dry kit with the IAT sensor and a 15 shot, without being detrimental to my motor? Please don't flame on me too much as I stated before, I really don't know that much about nitrous. Trying to learn here.

Adding nitrous and depending on the IAT is playing with fire. You are looking to burn something up.

IMO, the BEST way is to do it through ECU Editor and have map switching, next best option is to use a Power Commander with a dedicated N20 map.

And honestly, 15 HP will not give you the kick you want/expect. Or it didn't for me

the companys that r&d these kits have a great handle on what they are researching and selling. they arent in the business of getting peoples motors blown up.

however, the best way to go is the way ludicrous is leading you. tuned on a dyno with a custom map while monitoring air/fuel ratio. when you run to lean thats what gets your motor.

like ludicrous said a 15 shot isnt gonna do anything for you really. i had a 40 shot on my last bike and it was noticable but not what you would think it would be.

i would call around and talk to some nitrous companys and tuners and see what they think. zex is a good company with a kit for a busa. and you could call and talk to schnitz racing, mps or someplace like that.

just remember there are no guarantees with power adders. my .02

I have a 15hp shot on my GenII and as stated it is not going to yank you off the bike but it is enough to let me walk away from my 2 buddie with ZX14s and similar mods as me. I had 25 on at one time but dialed it back and actually went slightly faster at the strip due to our track getting no VHT ob it and very poor traction. I would never spray without supplying more fuel. I have a PCIII which I richened at 100% throttle from 6500 up and my NO2 is activated by an electronic activater that runs off my TPS. It works really slick as all I have to do is arm the system and I can ride all day and as long as I am not at 100% throttle above 6500 no NO2 and I am on my normal Brock street map. I planneed on putting in a USB hub so I could switch between maps but I found I am never above 6500 with the throttle to the stop unless I am sprayin anyway. I have had this set up for 2 years and over 20K miles with no problems. One of the advantages is I run relatively small bottles, I have a 20oz and a few 12oz ones I rotate and they last longer spraying a smaller shot. When it comes to adding fuel go to Schnitz's site and check out his fuel calculator as the gen II have 2 sets of injectors and if you richen via a PCIII orV you need to add fuel at a different ratio. I had NO2 on another bike with one set of injector. I set up my PCIII the same way when I put it on my GenII and sprayed 20hp a couple times before doing some reading here in the forum and luckily I didn't do any damage, but I would have eventually.

The reasons I went with the ecu editor were these:

Map switching
Window switch
WOT activation switch
I hate power commanders:laugh:

Im sorry but if you have to ask, you need to read up on it more!

+1 Buy the ecu harness and have a tuner flash it..
Adding nitrous and depending on the IAT is playing with fire. You are looking to burn something up.

IMO, the BEST way is to do it through ECU Editor and have map switching, next best option is to use a Power Commander with a dedicated N20 map.

And honestly, 15 HP will not give you the kick you want/expect. Or it didn't for me

Back