Newbie hi & a question about pipes

:welcome:

You are correct, This is a great site, Filled with a lot of great people that I have only had the priviledge of meeting a few.

000_1546.jpg

Here's a shot of the 9 1/2" holes in each rear baffle. Don't have any of the front holes. The front baffle plate is about 10" inside and requires a long drill bit.

IMG002 (Medium).JPG

Hi everyone, this is huge site and I'll be weeks reading before I find my way about. I've been a biker for 20 years but never owned a sports bike let alone a Busa :laugh:

So I got hold of a 1999 Black and Red totally stock busa the other week, "welcome to the dark side" said one of my mates :thumbsup:

All I can say is the Busa is beyond mental, I've not riden any of my other bikes since I brought it.

So I've replaced the brake hoses with Goodridge hoses and now the brakes work, I'm also replacing the levers with some two finger Pazzo levers, very nice.

Now I'm stuck trying to make my mind up about the pipes, I don't have a huge budget either. I've been looking at the Scorpion Street Extreme can's and wonderd if anyone here has a pair and a picture to post so I can see what they look like fitted.

Any other pix of short pipes would be apreciated.

Great site people, well done.

BOFH :bowdown:

Welcome aboard Mate! You will deffinitely find this site very helpful and intertaining in an array of ways!!!

Hi, here is a couple of pictures of the Scorpion Street Extreme Stubby exhausts just fitted on my 08. I could not find any pics or sound samples but eventually bought them as I like a coke can type profile with big bore exits. They weigh nothing - really nothing (thought the supplier had sent me the connecting pipes only when I picked up the box but no two cans & pipes plus most of the weight is packaging), 10 mins to fit, one allen key each side for baffles in/out, ultra slim profile compared wth originals. Sound great - power on, excellent popping and cracking on engine breaking - much better balanced bike with lower c of g, pics show base model stainless oval. If there is any impact on performance I have no idea yet....

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

And big bore cans from the rear LHS and RHS! I have not researched Power Commanders yet so next on the list maybe. The Racefit pipes also another contender in my view.

IMG_3591b.jpg

IMG_3591c.jpg

Last edited:
HMF dual low mount carbon cans
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

:welcome:

cheers
ken

Slipons add little to nothing as far as performance because the majority of the restriction in the exhaust is found within the header. A full system eliminates most of that restriction depending on the pipe.

I've seen dyno charts where muffler mods and slipons reduce performance in areas and add very little.

My brocks is supposed to add about 9 ponies. I haven't had it dyno'd and want. Don't have the bucks.

Hope this answers your question ???

My answer comes from what I've read and seen on this site

+1, I went with the same Brock's full setup. Along with a map, airbox mod and new air filter I dyno'd an additional 16hp.

Back