Estimated cost for replacement brake & clutch hoses; easy to R&R?

CWCobra

Registered
My owner's manual calls for replacement of clutch hose, as well as front and rear brake hoses after 4 years. My 2007 is already past that mark, so I am looking to replace. Can y'all tell me what kind of prices I am in for? I have found the rear brake hose on a certain supplier web site for about $68. They also show a "clutch hose" for $172, but based on their schematic, the part they call the "clutch hose" actually appears to be the front brake hoses. I can find no "clutch hose" anywhere in the supplier's schematics or parts lists.

So, I am up to $240, plus whatever the actual clutch hose costs.

Also, for those of you that have done this, is the R&R as straight forward as it looks? Any surprises or special tools, special tricks that I need to know about?

Thanks,
CW

Unless you have cracks in the hoses. I'd leave them alone and just do regular flushes.

If you're going to upgrade your brake and clutch hoses you should look into steel braided lines. They are about half the cost of their rubber counter parts and you will get better braking response. Check out Galfer they have kits for the Busa that replaces the front and rear brake lines and the clutch line as well. I know Pashnit.com sells them.

Good luck.

Easy.Just did mine last week up front as well as rebuilt the master.I have a new set of galfer brake lines for up front that are extra.Not sure why I have another set but they are for gen 1 and come complete with 2 lines and banjos and washers.This is a 2 line kit from the master, not the piggy back rom the right caliper.make you a good deal on them.Hit me up.

Back