For people wanting to drain brake fluid

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Here is a link for an aspirator pump that will pull 28.5 inches of mercury (that's 3.5 inches more than a mechanical pump costing $895.

http://sargentwelch.com/sargent-welch-filter-pump-aspirator/p/IG0037121/

People have said that they have a hard time with the "Mighty Giant vacuum pump pulling well enough to be of use in replacing brake fluid.

This simple device will certainly do the job. The down side is that you have to connect it to a water source. I use a cut off garden hose and a hose clamp for the source, and a piece of the same hose to divert the water to my lawn.

The upside is that it requires no action on your part, and it will even suck liquids and throw them out with the stream of water. It has no sparks or moving parts and will last forever. It will evacuate about 3-4 liters a second, and 28.5 " of Hg is a really high vacuum. That high a vacuum will implode thin walled glass containers, but it really SUCKS!

That looks like it would be quick! I use the ol manual way of squeeze--hold-- bleed..repeat, until the fluid is replaced.

Intresting. Not sure I would want it spraying brake fluid on my lawn though. But could be usefull non the less.

Back