Newbie here!

Lightninquick

Registered
hello everyone, mine name is rick and i am considering buying a hayabusa. i havent owned a bike for 4 years (harleys). i rode a friends honda 916 or 918, maybe 925? it is a couple years old and my buddy told me to be very careful that it is very very fast. the bike was fun but it actually felt too small and a bit under powered,,,granted i only drove it hard threw 3rd gear. my question is,,,is there much difrence between the honda mentioned and the busa?

A world of difference. Aside from the mechanics...it comes with this incredible extended family!

This site can be counted as one of the 'busas greatest assets, as well... Amazing volumes of solid advice, recommendations, opinions, and the like. The sponsors offer stuff at prices you can't yourself get.

When are you considering buying? Gen1/Gen2?

i like the look of the guages of the 08 model. other then that my newbies eyes dont know of any difrence. i would want a near new or new.

:welcome: Glad to have you on the Org! As for a busa, try it, you will like it.:laugh:

A world of difference. Aside from the mechanics...it comes with this incredible extended family!

This site can be counted as one of the 'busas greatest assets, as well... Amazing volumes of solid advice, recommendations, opinions, and the like. The sponsors offer stuff at prices you can't yourself get.
:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::welcome:

Welcome to the oRg. All BS aside, I would not recommend pinning the throttle back through 3rd on a Bus, at least not until you have some seat time to get used to it, it will hurt you if you are not careful.

Completely different bikes. Don't believe that you will ever get the 'underpowered' feeling on a Busa. Welcome! :welcome:

thanks for the welcome guys! the post about not pinning the throttle in therd gear was cool. the honda i rode was nice,,,but,,in third gear if i full twisted it would pull ok but it would not come even close to lifting the front wheel. im gona take a trip to chapperal motorsports today,,,just to look,,ha ha ha

thanks for the welcome guys! the post about not pinning the throttle in therd gear was cool. the honda i rode was nice,,,but,,in third gear if i full twisted it would pull ok but it would not come even close to lifting the front wheel. im gona take a trip to chapperal motorsports today,,,just to look,,ha ha ha

just to look?:laugh:

:welcome: to the org. you found a good place here. If you have ANY questions...someone here has the answer. Good luck with whatever you get:beerchug:

Welcome to the oRg. All BS aside, I would not recommend pinning the throttle back through 3rd on a Bus, at least not until you have some seat time to get used to it, it will hurt you if you are not careful.

+1
you won't find a machine like this bro, and you probably haven't ridden anything like it either - if you pin this thing back through 3rd gear, you're gonna find yourself beyond 140mph in a friggin hurry :laugh:

just be careful and enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

(Oh yea, one more thing, don't forget to post pics of her cuz it's in the :rulez:)

Welcome aboard.

Select a straight jacket from the rack over there, get yourself a beer or two and sit around with the rest of us loonies and enjoy!

:D

--Wag--

Back