Newbie here

msmathis01

Registered
How do you lower the front and rear of the Hayabusa? Are there kits out there for this? How complicated is it to lower one? How does a lowered bike handle verses stock height? This is only my 3rd post. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn all I can.:sulk:

If it's an 08-09 model you will need a new triple tree. The stocker does not have the holes in it for the fork tubes to slide through. You can strap it but I personally do not like straps at all. It will handle better on the drag strip but bite (and maybe bite your A$$) in the curves if you go real low. I only lower mine for the track, the next day it's back up to stock height and hitting the curves.

You'll also need a short or an adjustable kick stand. The stock one will work, but it sits the bike straight up and is pretty scary to leave sitting like that. I use a winch under my car port (hanging on the ceiling) to steady the bike and assist in raising once I loosen my triple tree.

You raise the ground closer to the Bike. :laugh:

Check out "Soupy's" you can find him through the sponsor link at top of this page. :beerchug:

:welcome:

Stay away from Cheap Ebay Links for the back. Those two pieces of metal hold the whole rear of the bike it. Ugly things can occur if one(or both) were to break.

Stay away from Cheap Ebay Links for the back. Those two pieces of metal hold the whole rear of the bike it. Ugly things can occur if one(or both) were to break.

Yesireebobifgesus --- stay away from those. Get something good quality. I have video of a bike in front of me hitting the curves with one of those little adjustable thingamagigs and the rear end collapsed mid turn. Needless to say, it was not a pretty site. His wallet actually saved part of his rear end. The gear helped on the rest. He was still scuffed up pretty bad though.

the board sponsors will have everything you need or just flatten your tires that drops ya like 2.25 inches lmao KIDDING:rofl:

Back