Lowering front and rear....

Furball

Registered
Want to lower the bike a bit 2-3"....I am 5'9" and have about a 32" inseam....would like a little lower seat height and also like the look of a lowered bike. I assume the bike would be stiffer, but how is the handling on the twisties....

I think I may lower the bike this season, and may extend the swing arm in the winter.....Not sure yet....

Lmk if I can help you get a Tobin Seat,Lowering triple tree from PMR and a set of Naarden links and your good to go..

unless money isnt a factor... buy risers to lower the front end. They range from $30 - $50. The rear will cost you probably anywhere from $60 - $160 depending on the route you go, dog bones or adjustable links.. I lowered my backend with adjustable links 2 weeks after i got it (because i'm vertically chanllenged too) and although it made a difference in the way it handled, it was anything i didnt get used to within a few days. Not to mention the busa looks SWEET lowered anyway! I cant wait to lower my front end an inch!
cool.gif

For two to three inches, you will need to by a new top clamp for the front and dogbones for the rear. I went down one inch with Reaper Risers in front and left the rear stock height and the bike turns in much quicker. With the whole bike lowered you will drag your bodywork much sooner. Lowering and stretching is usually done by the dragracers among us to lower the center of gravity for launching on the strip. If you do decide to lower the whole bike, be very careful going over speed bumps.

Thanks guys, saw some Pingel risers I was looking into for the front and a set of dogbones in the back.....I love the stretched look but may hate than handling....I am thinking of dropping it 1-1.5 up front and 2 in the back now....Or somewhere around that....Just would like the extra room when backing the bike up and sitting at the lights....Plus like you guys said....It looks cool....Money is a bit tight, I have a new home being built....so the less I can spend the better......

Back