Newbie first busa

X_tha_outlaw

Registered
hello forum just got my first Busa (04 limited ed. Red/Black fastest color from what i hear lol) any advice on getting use to the bike i have noticed alot of diff between my cbr and the Busa yes i know the weight is a big change however, any advice on cornering, mods (as she is stock all the way around), tires im an open book willing to learn lol thx for the advice

Welcome & Congratulations. The biggest adjustment for me was the added braking distance needed to slow the big girl down. She's plenty fast and with time and adjustment you will learn her handling characteristics. I recommend brake lines and new pads, also, being an 04, I would look into rotors depending on the mileage and condition they have been kept. Sprockets, chain, fluids, seals all good places to start modifications. Then you can start spending money! :laugh:

oh forgot to add some pics :laugh:

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

Welcome to the oRg. Take it slow and get to know her. There are many good tires out there, check out the BT-16' s or Dunlop Q-2.

I recommend brake lines and new pads, also, being an 04, I would look into rotors depending on the mileage and condition they have been kept. Sprockets, chain, fluids, seals all good places to start modifications. Then you can start spending money! :laugh:

Outlaw, take a look at this. Best deal of the year & money well-invested! Congrats man, that's super-exciting stuff!

Galfer Brake Lines: Order Front line, Get REAR line FOR FREE | Pashnit Moto

The bike you have is coming up on 10 years old, if it's bone stock, those rubber brake lines on the bike have a service life of about 4 years. Many service manuals recommend replacement after that life span. You are 2x past that. Inspect the teeth on the rear sprocket & eye-ball the tips. Bent?

Inspect those brake pads - if less than 50% on pad material, make sure not to hit metal-on-metal, & consider replacing. Also an inexpensive maintenance item. Run your fingers along the rotors. Are the grooved from wear? If no, you should be good. If you feel grooves, consider replacing.

More fun reading:
Suzuki Hayabusa Mods Modifications- World's Fastest Motorcycle | Pashnit

Hi outlaw, lookin good and two great lookin Pon Lids.

If ya like to turn quicker in the twisties I recomend you change the rear suspension dog bones, got mine from Maxtom here in Englamd 110mm hole centres, I'm sure someone on here will advise of more local procurement, pashnit maybe?

Oh and :welcome: best regards Stretch :laugh:

Welcome to the org.
When I first got my Busa I had trouble turning left and right, I thought because of the weight of the bike, it felt to me like it would fall over at slow speeds when I cornered, but with the advice people gave me on here, I found out how manoeuvrable the bike is at slow speeds, and all is good now, just take it easy at first.

:welcome: Things for me was workin up the nerve to get on the thing (I jumped from a Ninja 250 to the Busa, big difference) the power, weight, and brakes.

Back