Newb Question----> Maximum Tire Size ?

b-dub_sr

Team Edward
Registered
I have did a few searches and have not found the answer I was looking for but I know one of you seasoned vets have it !!!! My scoot ----> Gen II Fastest Color:whistle: :laugh:

I know the bike is engineered for maximum performance as it but what is widest tire I can go with before I start losing handling on the twisties?

Stock swing arm length !!

Riding Style (if it matters)

When i am on the twisties, Im hitting them hard!!
Everywhere else Normal:laugh: riding, just over the speed limit with the occasional break out when idiots (NONE BUSA RIDERS) :poke:think they can out run me:laugh:

A 200 series is about all you can get without having issues with the chain rubbing the tire. If you go any larger you'll need a wider wheel.

As far as handling issues, I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference between a 190 OEM tire and a 200?

Thanks Tufbusa !! And along with the new rim if i go bigger than 200, comes a new swing arm and the whole 9...right?

Yep, you'll need a proper width swingarm to accomodate the wheel size you choose!

However, don't expect a fatty tire to perform well for twisty play.

I'll second the 200 as not worth it. Looked nice and didn't hurt the handling wotrth noticing. I'm also what's known as "Slow" so YMMV.

Back