New zx14 will put down 185+ Rear Wheel H.P. for 20

i like this at the end of the report...............
Every champion knows sustained dominance is only possible with constant improvement. Such is the case with Kawasaki’s Ninja® ZXâ„¢-14. Since its debut in March of 2006, this motorcycle has ruled the open class sportbike roost with nearly non-stop magazine comparison victories. Even though the 1352cc Ninja ZX-14 won lavish praise for its massive torque, effortless power, agile handling and comfortable ergonomics, Kawasaki engineers were not willing to leave the door open to potential challengers.

Suzuki has always been gear around speed. Kawi has always tried to spin off of other companies best and make their product better. Kawi sucks! (and their ugly as sin)
wow.gif

It is really hard to build anything that does not have a "dated" look.

Suzuki did everyone a big favor by designing a body kit that was for function rather than eye appeal. When builders do the "eye" candy thing, they end up with looks that grow old quickly. Form follows function in my book and stuff that works, always looks good... go figure

I think the looks on the kawi are dated, much like the square looks the supra had and many of the other "psuedo street rods" had in the early 90's. (Enter the Dodge laser)

Am glad that Suzuki left the basic bike alone and chose only to mutilate the tail a bit. Classic speed with classic lines...

Not sure about 185hp claim (didn't see it on that page, just torque reading) but it is a improved and quieter package and still has that comfortable seating. And I actually like the looks. Face it the bike is as unique looking as the busa. I'm in LOVE with their new special edition paintjob!

2008_kawasaki_14.jpg

That's all fine and dandy but will it add up
to more sales for Kawi. If they can't get a
bigger share of the Busa market how long
will that all new redesigned much improved
14 be around..

(FalconofFreedom @ Sep. 25 2007,17:32) New zx14 will put down 185+ Rear Wheel H.P. for 2008!

http://www.bikeland.org/story.php?storyID=34443
I don't think its going to put down quite that much lol..................but it and the new busa are going to be neck and neck in most every department prolly. What are we gonna do when we don't have one clear winner to lord over the other side with? This could destabilize life as we know it.............and frankly I'm a little skeered
SHOCKED.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Absolutely nowhere does it state any numbers, there will be a very minor tweak in overall power gains and I sincerely doubt the bike will dyno at 185 to the rear wheel.

It is possible after 'the usual' mods that there will be a little more than the '06-'07 bikes, but it will be a while before those numbers float out of the aether.

(The Big Red One @ Sep. 25 2007,20:11)
(FalconofFreedom @ Sep. 25 2007,17
zzwhip.gif
) New zx14 will put down 185+ Rear Wheel H.P. for 2008!

http://www.bikeland.org/story.php?storyID=34443
I don't think its going to put down quite that much lol..................but it and the new busa are going to be neck and neck in most every department prolly. What are we gonna do when we don't have one clear winner to lord over the other side with? This could destabilize life as we know it.............and frankly I'm a little skeered  
SHOCKED.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif
Between the two bikes the winner will be based on who's has the biggest ballz, not what weapon you choose to ride.
cool.gif

my.02

If you love the BUSA, ride the BUSA!
beerchug.gif

Hell, how many of us race anyway?

When I had my Super Bee I knew that it was not the fastest, but if I got you off the line, you were ******
super.gif

I was reading about the zx10r and its weight and HP isnt much different than the older Busa ,,but hows it compare to the new GSXR 1000? Suzuki has always been my favorite , But Kawasucki is really doing well....

(07bluebusa @ Sep. 25 2007,17:49) i like this at the end of the report...............
Every champion knows sustained dominance is only possible with constant improvement. Such is the case with Kawasaki’s Ninja® ZXâ„¢-14. Since its debut in March of 2006, this motorcycle has ruled the open class sportbike roost with nearly non-stop magazine comparison victories. Even though the 1352cc Ninja ZX-14 won lavish praise for its massive torque, effortless power, agile handling and comfortable ergonomics, Kawasaki engineers were not willing to leave the door open to potential challengers.
What a joke...If anything the zx14 was ripped on low end torque.

The ZXs questionable "dominance" comes after almost a decade of the undisputed king's reign.

"not leave the door open to potential challangers"  
jump9.gif

Aside from the article, and regardless of the "claimed" hp from the new model...the ZX is a fine machine on it's own and I do think that limited edition paint is tight  
super.gif

Should the claimed hp be correct, that is exactly my reason for being PO's at Suzuki for not kicking out a 1400/1500cc  200hp kick arse Busa, kill a flea with a sledge hammer philosophy.

After a decade of suzuki putting forth zero dollars in research and development and putting all the busa dollars into zuki's pocket...how do they reward the loyal Busa faithfull...by taking the cheap way out and slightly torquing up a 10 year old motor...wooo....hooo  
rock.gif

When are they going to get away fromt that anodized red color. That is horrible.

I just love the looks of the Busa over the Kowasuckie. If I want to go faster, there's hundreds of speed mods for the Busa, that will blow the doors off of a ZX14. And if body work is'nt important, get a new Suzuki "B-King". That thing is crazy fast.

(Mike.P175 @ Sep. 25 2007,21:51) That's all fine and dandy but will it add up
to more sales for Kawi. If they can't get a
bigger share of the Busa market how long
will that all new redesigned much improved
14 be around..
Amen Brother....

ZX14's are lined up at the dealers in record numbers. NO ONE is buying them! Busa's are flying off the shelf....

Back