New to the forum, but second time owner.

My CBXs were called liter bikes or 1050s but were actually 1,047ccs. I know exactly what you mean. About three months after selling my last CBX I got to missing the upright seating position riding the Sierra foothills and went shopping. I hate riding the Busa slowly, downhill, and around tight corners. After two test rides totaling 84 miles, on the third day I bought my Z900RS. The first Z1 was a 900 and had 903ccs. My Retro Sport Z1 is also called a 900 but has 948ccs. The Gen 1 GSX1300R Busa has 1299ccs (some spec sheets show 1298ccs) and most ‘liter’ bikes have 999cc motors. The Z turned over 26,000 miles the other day and the Busa cleared 81,000 after my last tour to Montana. Quite happy with both.

View attachment 1671902
Nice rides! Yeah, every bike has its own feel for sure. One day I want to see Montana. I have a bucket list of places we want to ride. Hope to be able to make that possible one day.

Well, I need to replace my plastics, especially the right side. The previous owner laid it down. Each time I’ve removed the right side, it’s gotten a little worse. A lot of different companies that sell farings. I realize a lot of them are made in China. I’ve seen y’all recommend painting. Reallly like my current paint scheme, but don’t want to spend the money for the paint job. Think I will be happy with these aftermarket farings and will they mount to bike properly? Appreciate any input?

Thx

You can see scratches and a crack on lower portion of faring near engine cover. Can you patch the crack to keep from getting worse? The bike still looks good imo, but does have some cosmetic damage on the plastics. Still get a lot of compliments.

IMG_0044.png

Last edited:
You can see scratches and a crack on lower portion of faring near engine cover. Can you patch the crack to keep from getting worse? The bike still looks good imo, but does have some cosmetic damage on the plastics. Still get a lot of compliments.

View attachment 1672315
That can be fixed....and a decent airbrusher most likely would be able to match the silver and blend it in once fixed...

Worst comes to worst, the blue is a decal and you should be able to source it still....that way you can paint the entire panel and then reapply the decals....

Once you do that, put some frame sliders on it and this won't ever be an issue again....

That can be fixed....and a decent airbrusher most likely would be able to match the silver and blend it in once fixed...

Worst comes to worst, the blue is a decal and you should be able to source it still....that way you can paint the entire panel and then reapply the decals....

Once you do that, put some frame sliders on it and this won't ever be an issue again....
Thanks, really appreciate the input.

The air brushing is a great idea!
It's seems to be a dieing art, but I know where an old hippie who does it lives, about 10 minutes away.
He has a native american on horseback he painted on the side of his full size custom van.
I will keep that in mind for folks wanting a less expensive but quality repair.

The air brushing is a great idea!
It's seems to be a dieing art, but I know where an old hippie who does it lives, about 10 minutes away.
He has a native american on horseback he painted on the side of his full size custom van.
I will keep that in mind for folks wanting a less expensive but quality repair.
When my older brother's Beemer fell over and scratched his saddle bag, that's what he did and you'd be hard pressed to see where he fixed it too...

It took me a little while to spot where it was repaired and I looked hard, much harder than a normal person would (or would be allowed).

There was an air brush artist who worked for the local HD shop in my brother's village (the HD shop is gone now) and he was very skilled, one of his bikes won a world championship....when you were standing away from it, it looked red, when you go closer and moved around, images appeared in the red paint.....it was pretty amazing...

When my older brother's Beemer fell over and scratched his saddle bag, that's what he did and you'd be hard pressed to see where he fixed it too...

It took me a little while to spot where it was repaired and I looked hard, much harder than a normal person would (or would be allowed).

There was an air brush artist who worked for the local HD shop in my brother's village (the HD shop is gone now) and he was very skilled, one of his bikes won a world championship....when you were standing away from it, it looked red, when you go closer and moved around, images appeared in the red paint.....it was pretty amazing...

I Hate paint and body work, unless it's rattle canning parts in good weather with time for multiple coats and drying cycles.
And colorblind doesn't help, lmao
But, I am amazed at some painters skill levels.
I'm about to post on my Gsxr's gas tank in that thread in just a minute too, lol...

.......one thing I want to add to this "off topic" post.....

This airbrush artist could only work for that HD dealership, he wasn't allowed to do anything on the side....the HD dealership owner bought him a house and provided him with a vehicle (bike and a cool pick up) and paid him besides all on the basis that he was not allowed to do any work on the side.

As my brother and the owner were good friends and my brother was called upon sometimes to help work on non-HD bikes, the artist was allowed to do stuff for my brother-so he taught him how to airbrush and after my brother did a bunch of work on his XR250R, he made him a really cool airbrush painting of a wizard conjuring up tools from a whirlpool....again you had to look for the tools in the whirlpool.....at first glance it looked like a mini-tornado but once you looked at it you saw pistons, wrenches etc emerging....

Back