New to me 2007 Busa

uk1

Registered
HAYA2.JPG
HAYA.jpg
HAYA1.JPG

Bought a 2007 a couple of months ago. 3,900 miles on an unmolested bike. I added Buell pegs, R1 throttle grip, handlebar risers, LEDs all around. I did the grab rail and kick stand mod. Bike came with new tires, chain and sprockets, and all maintenance done. The color is called Hayabusa Schwarz, a black color with small metallic that turns blue to purple in the sun. Had a Gen II before, both are great bikes. Gen III maybe one day.

Beautiful bike, nice tire’s too.:cool: At such low mileage not much ‘maintenance’ to do but at 15, it may need the fork oil and brake/clutch fluid changed. Try some SS braided lines and EBC HH brake pads while you’re at it.
Changed the fork oil, bummer, the oil in it was brand new, along with new fork seals. Oh well, put 10w in the forks, might be a tad more taught on the road. I ordered new brake and clutch lines from Coremoto this week, transparent red to give this bike highlights, can't wait for better braking.

I swapped the stock 5w fork oil in my gen2 for 7w when I did seals.
They felt Much better, less flimsy.
With the 5w, even with proper sag, the forks didn't feel like they were strong enough for the weight of the Busa, if that makes any sense.
The 7w made them feel as I felt they should, and actually perform well for stock forks.

in general

the next plans should be :
to grease new the bearings in the swing arm an in the shock-arm
plus
renewing the forkoil (and seals)

all of it might be from ´07 and is now 15 years old - damn - you´ll can use the old forkoil as black ink to write

plus replacing the fork´s steering head bearings in the frame by tapered roller bearing
plus replacing the old rim-bearings front and rear (incl. chain drum)

Last edited:
Back