2007 Busa Owner

Freemer

Registered
Hello Anton here

I posted here before. Traded in my Kat1100F for the 2007 1st Gen busa. Last summer I pulled it out to ride and my truck was in the driveway. Anyhow been riding superbikes all my life but ended up trying to avoid my Chevy Silverado and the bike ended up on top of me downhill with my left foot pinned under the peg. I hit the front brake and she came over on me. All in all I spent 15 minuted under the bike until my neighbor came to my rescue. Couldn't have been a more stupid thing not having the driveway clear and I was alone at my house. I didn't wear my boots cause I was going for a "short" ride. Believe me I will always gear up from now on.

I have not posted here since with medical issues. All said and solved.

That being said I took of the stupid fender eliminator off the ass of the bike and replaced it with stock rear fender assembly and aftermarket LED tail light/turn signal combo.

Someone out there suggested I can get rid of the dumbo rear portion of the fender and keep my license place at the rear. The yahoo who had it before me had it on the swing arm with no light - not CA legal. Anyone that can help me modify the new OEM rear fender to mover the License plate please tell me or show me what you have done.

Also someone wanted that rear tailpiece with the lame white LED non visible get hit in the ass lights non visible leds. I still have that hacked up piece.

A Dealer sold me this bike with that poop on it. Also found some "trinkets" in the side panel. Got new trick rotors and a Barnett clutch and also installed a Pillon seat - took
the stupid hump off cannot get your leg over it I am 6'2" loading in the trailer from Banning Motor Sports.

Good news it came with a sealed battery. They said they install new battery b4 they give it to you. They never did ANY dealer "PREP" never buy from a dealer. you will pay thousands more when you leave.

Looking to clean up the ass end and delete the dumbo fender. Any suggestion will be welcomed.

Also I need to repaint the rear tail piece any suggestion to whom my be able to restore that will be appreciated.

The only good thing Is it came with a tuned exhaust cost the orig. owner $1800 KR exhaust. Is there a way to look up if anyone else owned this bike? My Kat1100f was 1 owner 4k miles. This one has 25K miles and I had to pry it away from their finance company to get it to my credit union. My credit made an "exception" cause I have 815 credit and gave me the loan. But I had to wait 6 months for the real licence plate from the dealer ...hmmm...they "forgot" ...could not refi until I got the correct DMV paperwork stating the lean group as they changed loan groups after I got the bike. So my loan expired and had to re-apply.

I finally got it under my credit union all paperwork aside and I got my GAP insurance refunded. If you purchase a bike you have to pay $700 for insuranace so they can pay it off in case stolen/totaled They had to refund it to me (took 4 months) so I could then apply it to my new loan which I did.

All that and I can ride. I have new boots/leathers/and a jacket. New custom rotors/brake pads and synthetic oil/Bernett clutch.

On the Kat I traveled 76 miles a day on freeways with only a helmet/leather jacket I was lucky.

Thank you all. Hope I am welcome 2nd time.

Tony

Nice to see you back, sorry to hear of the misadventures you’ve had lately, yep ya gotta wear good protection gear even on short rides!
Use the search function to find threads re your fender mod you need to do.
I work for a Suzuki dealer and I have to agree with you, they do not like spending money on trade in bikes when reselling them... dealers and salesmen are basically just in it for how much they can make TODAY, forgetting the customers satisfaction and return business.
Very short sighted thinking.
Keep posting my friend, someone will be along to help you on your fender!

Glad you are ok, I recall your original post.
Everything will get sorted, one thing we have on our side is patience and time.

What superbikes have you been riding? Always good to hear of cool experiences riding bikes.

Welcome back, glad it wasn't too bad of a tumble. As far as I know there is no way to find out who owned a vehicle before you, unless you have a contact in law enforcement or at the DMV.
Post pics of what you're wanting to get rid of, I'm sure someone will trade for stock stuff or buy it outright.

Welcome back. And good luck on your wanted mods. As others have said, you'll find either the parts or the way to do it here on this site.
A VIN report will shed some light on your bike's history. The following is a snap from the report on my Gen II ...
Samp.png

... from an online report provider named InstaVin. Knowing the mileage on my bike when I bought it, I can piece together a bit of its history (it sat in AZ for the first 2 yrs of its life, for example). I believe the report cost about $25. Hope this helps!

Not too far from you (Fontana). Please post pics of your new ride as soon as the site allows!

Back