New to me 2001 Yellow/Silver 'busa

dagersh

Registered
Hi Guys,

I bought this with about 9K on the clock from a dealer in WI. Bike is almost perfect, and runs great. I have installed the Genmar Risers and the Buell Footpeg conversion from a member here, they make the bike all day comfortable for me. I have also added some nice pieces from Ball Z, and an Antigravity Dark Smoked Windscreen.

As I am researching, I cannot find another with this paint scheme. Is it custom?

Thanks everyone! Sorry for the blurry pics!

Gersh

Where are you located? I saw a yellow/silver one in Milwaukee not that long ago...

:welcome: to politicaltalk.org....er I mean hayabusa.org:laugh: That's a sweet paint job. It would look good with a gray seat. The more I see gen 1's, the more I like the look over my gen 2.

Very cool. I dub thee bike "Banna Busa" from here on out. ................................................ jk :poke:

That's quite a man-cave you have there. Sweet.

Bike looks looks awesome, need anything for it, let me know!

Thanks Guys,

Banana it is. Pashnit, all over your site Bro! Thank you especially for the tire recomendation. The Avons ROCK!!!!

The bike was purchased from a dealer in WI, so its probably the same one...

I was looking for an RC51 when I came across this. I only started riding in '01, and Busas scared the crap out of me. But, GAWD, I lusted after one.... I have a collecton of Honda CB's and Moto Guzzi's, but I wanted the THUNDER!!!!! I had never seen this combo, and I had to have it... and here it is. I love it, it does everything very well, even NYC commuting (although, its in a heated safe environ for the winter). If its custom, I love it even more, because to see this thing in person, it should have come from the factory like this. It turns heads in a very unsafe manner....

Anyway, I love it, and am looking forward to Carbon Ti Yoshi slip-on's as the next step!

I will post more pics of the man cave, it is my sanctuary,,,

Soon up is a '68 T500 Cobra 2 stroke monster resto...

Thanks for the feedback! Means alot...

Gersh

Oh yeah - silver snakeskin Corbin seat...

Too much?

Nah - nothing is too much for these bikes! So much better perportioned than a ZX-14, IMHO...

Gersh

Pashnit, all over your site Bro! Thank you especially for the tire recommendation. The Avons ROCK!!!!

Thanks Gersh, still working on a massive webpage (about 50 pages) of all the mods we've done over the last 2 years to our (originally) bone stock Gen-II. The list is about 100 changes and 700 photos we've taken of the transformation.

About 600 pics thus far are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pashnit/sets/72157628753516531

Couple ideas in there. :thumbsup:

I know a guy that makes seat covers for busas, he sends you samples to match the paint. Go with a a 2 tone seat, yellow on the sides with grey in the middle with a yellow kanji centered. That would match the scheme you have now and really set it off IMO :thumbsup:

Back