New stuff...do I *need* a map?

IllBusa

Registered
Been a long time coming but I finally got some mods done...

Michelin Pilot Powers (set)
Yoshimura TRS Bolt-ons (Ti)
K&N air filter

The biggest WOW was the changes from stock tires to the Pilot Powers. She handles like a new bike now...way more nimble  
biggrin.gif

Next is the exhaust, they definately dropped a few pounds off (not sure exactly how much, I didnt care to weigh them versus stock). I was thinking they were race config only but I got zyclones. I was a little disappointed at first but I have to say I like the sound...way better than the stock pipes. Low "rumble" when idle and under 3k rpms...SCREEEMING when over 6K  
super.gif

I do have a question though. I've ran this setup for about 250 miles and whenever I give it hard revs I still get small puffs of smoke. I never got that with the stock pipes....is this a sign i need a map?

Take a look (and hear) here http://vids.myspace.com/index.c....720307.

Thanks in advance.

I don't understand what you mean by rough sounds that went away, but I'am glad it all worked out for you  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Apr. 28 2007,12:19) I don't understand what you mean by rough sounds that went away, but I'am glad it all worked out for you  
beerchug.gif
eh...that wasnt me...that was another user with a full system...i read that too
smile.gif

pair valve mod eh? I didnt think i needed to do that with bolt-ons???

do a search on marble mod-- thats what I had to do as my yoshi bolt ons were blowing flames

(IllBusa @ Apr. 28 2007,22:21)
(DaCol. @ Apr. 28 2007,12:19) I don't understand what you mean by rough sounds that went away, but I'am glad it all worked out for you
beerchug.gif
eh...that wasnt me...that was another user with a full system...i read that too
smile.gif

pair valve mod eh? I didnt think i needed to do that with bolt-ons???
Yep, block or remove the pair valve.
Some get away with it and other's don't.
I removed it on my 04 with D&D bolt-ons just in case.

(xzvs @ Apr. 28 2007,12:45) do a search on marble mod-- thats what I had to do as my yoshi bolt ons were blowing flames
FLAMES?!?!?!?!?!  
SHOCKED.gif

researching now....

EDIT: marble mod it is...i'm no mechi...meka...meci...see...i cant even spell mechanic
biggrin.gif

Back