New Seat! What do you think?

blacked_busa

Registered
I just got my front seat finished. I am waiting on the rear seat. I got the gel insert placed in the stock seat and then wrapped the seat with smooth black leather on the sides and carbon fiber on the top. The rear seat will be the same except have the hayabusa logo in red on the seat. what do you guys think?

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

looks mighty comfy. I hear you have to watch out for the heat if your seat is in the sun with gel

It feels a lot better just sitting on it but havent tested it on the street yet cuse its about to rain. its a bit taller than stock but im hoping in forms a little better once i ride a few times

Looks great. I too would be worried about leaving it in the sun though. Did you buy the inserts from a different place or did the upholstrey shop have them. I may have to look them up when I get home. Richmond isnt to far from Fort Bragg.

I usually dont keep it in the sun to long so im not to worried about it. Ill prob carry a light colored hand towel with me to lay over the seat if i plan on leaving it out in the sun for awhile. The place i had it done is called rays upholstery Ray's Upholstery and Glass Shop Richmond VA - Auto Restoration Services it was 185 for the front seat and he finished it in 2 days. They also had the gel in stock there. Im waiting for my rear seat to be embroidered, that will prob take a few more days.

I got a local upholstery shop to do it. I was gonna do it myself but was afraid i would mess it up.

That's exactly what I did with the gel seat. Works great, real comfortable. I like the little extra bit of leg room.

2040687870102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

cheers
ken

Back