What do you think of this screen?

fits not gonna be great if its as pictured. the stock one has a lip around the bottom where it meets the fairing. without that its looks iffy, i didnt like the mine that way and went to a puig. also id ask if they were transparent. i never realized how much i looked through the screen till i had one that i couldnt see through.

Says 08-09 That doesn't look it would fit the Gen 1 very well I guess the Gen 2 don't need the lip at the bottom for almost seem less fit on the bike..

Hmmmm...tricky tricky tricky.

throro4star: are you gonna post up some pics of yours when it comes mate? Same seller?

PS ridgeway: I know what you mean about seeing through your screen. My last one had a chrome-look screen and it was quite irritating at times. But mostly only when I was flat on the tank...and it does add the effect of brightening up your clocks...

kinda looks like my yana shiki

Photo0344.jpg

throro4star: are you gonna post up some pics of yours when it comes mate? Same seller?

PS ridgeway: I know what you mean about seeing through your screen. My last one had a chrome-look screen and it was quite irritating at times. But mostly only when I was flat on the tank...and it does add the effect of brightening up your clocks...

I will post pics when I get it. I ordered it on May 15th so it should be here this week. I was kind of iffy about the windscreen but for under 30 bucks I couldn't resist. Right now I'm B.O.B. (balling on a budget) cause I just brought my 08 Busa cash (6000 bucks) and I need a windscreen, and some slip ons. Oh yeah I need my right fairing fix cause its sanded not bad but the gloss is gone. Just need some polising compound and it will be good. Either that or get a new blue fairing from suzuki (my is blue and black. Had gold rims but he powdercoat them) or paint the whole bike. I swear if I had all the materials I would do it myself...... in the winter. Its too nice not to ride right now but that fairing is killing me.
Posted via Mobile Device

On ebay: Double Bubble Screen For Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa 08 0 - eBay Suzuki, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 01-Jun-10 10:07:39 AEST)

I asked the seller for a side-by-side comparison to stock but no luck.

Anyone had experience with cheaper screens? ebay screen? Issues?

Cheers

This windscreen is from China. I am using it for my gen 2 and it is still ok with up. I had it on for one year alrdy and no crack and no major issue.

For your info, windscreen made from china won't have perfect fitting so you will need a heat gun to soften some part to make it much more fitting.

kinda looks like my yana shiki

Ooo...that's a nice screen...even though it's like three times the price...is it the one listed here?: Yana Shiki USA - Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

For your info, windscreen made from china won't have perfect fitting so you will need a heat gun to soften some part to make it much more fitting.

Can you get by fitting it without the heat gun? I've had some bad experience with Chinese eBay plastics on my last bike melting etc. Not expecting much at that price. If you really reckon a heat gun is necessary I'll save my money.

Last edited:

I got the windscreen. It looks good but one if my holes are off. A dremel can fix that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back