NEW RIDING SKILLS FORUM OPEN FOR BUSINESS...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Now get in there folks and share your wisdom, lessons learned, and favorite techniques for keeping the shiney side up and rides healthy...

Thanks

Rev

ok here is an advise.
this probably happened to many of us.
When you enter a curve to fast your first reaction (as an inexperienced rider) is to hit the breaks. WRONG!!!
Breaking brings the bike straight up and make the turn even more difficult.

One trick I've learned is to have faith in you and your bike.
Let off the trottle slowly and lean the motorcyle as much as you can. Too much is not good either. But I mean more than you think that it could. You will amaze yourself how you can lean it and how you got thru that curve. It saved my live (or my bike) many times.
Of course if you are really entering too fast, leaning as much as you can won't do it. You have to feel it and this comes with experience. That is why you need to start riding with slower bike so you don't surprise yourself going faster that you thought.

In case you are entering way too fast. Keep the bike strait up, break as long as you are on the asphalt and when you hit gravel or grass hld on to those handle and pray that you won't hit a tree, a house.

I once went straight thru at the end of a 'T' which was facing a house. I went over a ditch, thru plants and garden stuff, by the house and stop my course in a fence in the backyard. Never dropped the bike. Backed off made a u-turn and went back on the road. It was 5am everybody was sleeping. I couldn't believe what had happened to me. I kept my calm, no abrupt maneuver. It's not something that you can read and go practice but you need to keep this in the back of your mind.

Visualization is also a good way to practice different senarios. Imagine yourself in awkward situation and practice a way out. Over and over. When the situation comes, without even knowing it you will come out of it clean.

Good luck
cool.gif

Hey Cool 1127, Now... How about you head over to the Skills Forum and start your own thread you damned Pirate!!!
pirate.gif
poke.gif

He he , Thanks Bro, I appreciate your enthusiasm...
laugh.gif
wink.gif

I don't need NEW skills... I haven't finished mastering the OLD ones yet!  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "949"|1086395675 -->

Back