Best track riding school?

trojan2k

Registered
"I wanna go fast!"-Ricky Bobby
I want to get on a track and learn. I might have some time off in June. Where should I go? Preferably in the Northeast so I could ride there. CT only has one track and its not open to bikes yet. We have good twisty roads, but you always get stuck behind a line of cars. The Navy gives us a course for a couple hours on technique but I never got over 30 mph in the parking lot.

from what I have been able to gather, the school you need is going to sort of depend on
"where" you are now in the skill sets...

any track time at all? what do you think your weakness is?

Talk with Steve (TufBusa).. He is familiar with a few different schools..

Keith Code
Pridmore

are a couple of the more popular ones I have read up on...

from what I have been able to gather, the school you need is going to sort of depend on
"where" you are now in the skill sets...

any track time at all? what do you think your weakness is?

Talk with Steve (TufBusa).. He is familiar with a few different schools..

Keith Code
Pridmore

are a couple of the more popular ones I have read up on...

I have never been on a track. I'm gonna be starting with the basics. I was searching around and found Penguin Roadrace school. Ever heard of them?

I am way out on the Left coast so I can't help you much on where or who to visit for a Track School.

I'd suggest stopping in at your local Motorcycle Dealership and ask about a track school and get some recommendations. Most dealerships will know all the locals and what track they visit.

I think you are on the right track by attending a school on your first track adventure. You'll get off on the right foot and learn more during one school day than you'll learn all summer on your own.

Good Luck on your endeavor! :beerchug:

I agree with Tufbusa...go to the local dealers...they can sometimes even get a reduction on fees for the track days...The way it works here is a promoter will be able to schedule a track day at a local raceway. They then try to promote their day and get as many riders as they can to attend. They do that by repeat customers and by advertising ...for example the local Suzuki dealership...they give out discount cards for the dealers to give out to sportriders...then you get to the track on your first day. They inspect your bike for tire wear, brakes...on and on and make you tape up all of your mirrors and lighting just in case you crash...they put you into A, B, or C groups for safety and teaching purposes..Spend some time in the class room learning about entry and exit speeds, braking, lines of approach and exit...it is just one of the best experiences you can ever have on a motorcyle. Tufbusa hit the nail on the head when he said you can learn more in one day at a trackday then you can in a whole summer...It was where I fell in love with my Busa and stopped fearing it..and started respecting its immense capabilities. Have a great time...By the way...you know you can actually go to sportsrider schools where they teach you the same stuff but on their performance bikes...for 2-4 days..and quite pricey...but pretty cool stuff..2hip

wow, 37 years? no need to pre-register? and the prices are not much more than a typical track day... dang...

And I can rent all the gear. I don't want to spend that kind of money and only use it once or twice. Of course I have heard that the track can become quite an addiction.

And I can rent all the gear. I don't want to spend that kind of money and only use it once or twice. Of course I have heard that the track can become quite an addiction.
naw... they lie I tell you they LIE...

now come here, I got a special deal for you, the first hit is free...

:whistle:

track crack.... just a figment of their imagination... :whistle:

honestly I went from 1 day last year and I ended up running almost 1500 track miles my first year.. really I can stop anytime I want,,, really..

It IS an ADDICTION. I had a lot of trepidation doing my first trackday (with STT); but learned so much, and along with encouragement of fellow board members here, I am now pretty much addicted even bought a bike for the track. There are a lot of people here who ONLY ride on the track and I understand why. Have a blast!

Back