New pocket knife CRKT RipSnort

kml

Donating Member
Registered
IMG_20201106_183057.jpg
IMG_20201106_183106.jpg
IMG_20201106_183126.jpg
IMG_20201106_183233.jpg

It's just a inexpensive chinesium knife. Lost my old one. Blade shape is great for cutting, not so good for stabby stabby self defence. LOL

cheers
ken

I carried a Kershaw (Canadian made) folding knife for years in the army, it had a serrated edge and the stabby point..

It was and still is a great little knife

Reactions: kml
Knives are very cool @kml :thumbsup: Althou an "economy" knife,the one you have chosen there looks pretty tuff. When picking a knife I like to go for one that is solid of course,(see if it flexes where the blade attaches to the handle)but that also has "flickabilty" to it as they open faster for those times when you might want to as you say "stabby stabby" :laugh: someone in self defense. Make sure the lock in your "lock blade" works really well,some do not. If your going to stab something
eye brow.gif
you don't want the blade collapsing on your fingers in an' upside down blade strike or your wrist or the heal of your hand in a traditional strike. I have a few,carry one in the pocket of a sevaral jackets.
I thought this cheapie was kinda cool with its seatbelt cutter and window smasher (get someone out of their car who's crashed)

ee.jpg

dd.jpg

cc.jpg

Even a cheapo can have a solid hinge...

bb.jpg

On the Busa I carry one of those Leatherman tools.Knife,screwdriver pliers,etc...

aa.jpg

A good overall length is about 8" I think. Those above are the stabby blades called "clip" blades. The blade you have is referred to has a "spey" blade. They were made popular by Canadian trappers as a good all round knife and I think, they are better for skinning. The wide blade controls easier as you slice sideways. I also carry a neat one in my wallet.Super cheap,like 2 bucks. They are razor sharp when new,but dull in about 5 cuts. Handy thou...
They are the same size as a credit card and only 1 or 2MM thicker. They look like this closed...

ii.jpg

then you open them...
ff.jpg

and flip up and click the sides closed...

gg.jpg

Comes in handy,like I said real thin...

hh.jpg

I had some fantasy knives and other ones like belt buckle,war knives and bayontes etc. This guy dreams up and makes some cool ones...
Kit Rae
Sorry to butcher your thread Ken, I'll cut it out...
Rubb.

Back