Pocket Knives on planes and the new tsa rules?

I've talked to some of your ex girlfriends. You sure you don't own anything that small?
I am secure in my manhood no need to say anymore on that topic.
:laugh:

Would you apply same logic to guns? No you wouldn't.
Every gun owner is not suspect and is innocent until he commits a crime. So why rear one with a pocket knife? I guess now there are gonna be hundreds if not thousands of hijackings with short bladed knives?
There is no constitutional guarantee for knives sure but same should apply, no?

How can you compare carrying a gun in general population with others who have not been through a metal detector and patted down to getting on airplane to where everyone is. I hope I don't need to explain further on this.
You don't need a knife on a plane thats the bottom line. You may need a gun in public to protect your life.

There's no reason I can think of why any government agency should be telling me what I'm allowed to carry IMHO, ESP since you're never guaranteed to get your bags on time. It's all a ruse. Sit down sheeple while I tell you how I'm going to make you safe. Flying is no more a privilege than walking down the street. They want you to believe this so you'll follow their directions. The safety of the occupants should be left to airline, I don't like the TSA nor do I like the fact tax money gets wasted to harass and violate the privacy of law abiding citizens. 1 more item we allow to erode our freedom. People that wish to do these sorts of things, don't care about laws, legalities, or prison. They will keep trying diff methods until they are successful. Just like anywhere else, any rule you make will only be followed by those that choose to do so, those are not the ones we should be worried about.

I think concealed carry firearms should be allowed on airliners, if handguns make elementary schools and churches safer why not airplanes?

cheers
ken

I think concealed carry firearms should be allowed on airliners, if handguns make elementary schools and churches safer why not airplanes?

cheers
ken
so what happens when the guy with the firearm is disarmed and empty's his magazine on everyone else on board???? if a trained police officer under stress will only hit his target maybe 30% of the time what do you think the chances are so yahoo trying to shoot someone on a plane trying to be a hero will hit his intended target without shooting someone adjacent to the person he's shooting at? chances arent very good that I can assure u of.

comparing churches and schools is a poor example to use cause there is no where to go on a plane.

it certainly isnt like you see in the movies if the bullet punctures the skin of an plane cause thats not gonna decompress the cabin. the cabin of the airplane is pressurized and a hole may creates a small leak but the planes pressurization system will compensate for it. even multible holes will have no effect.

but if the bullet blows out a window that's a HUGE problem. the plane will depressurize rapidly! all of the air in the plane is now rushing toward the blown out window and not to mention debris in the plane or anything not secured will be looking for the hole in the window as well.

the last thing we need on a plane is a shootout with someone who probably sees the range once a year if hes lucky....:whistle:

2 golf clubs? So dual wielding is possible!!:laugh:

Anything short of gun wont matter, now that everyone realizes the next stop for the hijacked place is the side of building, Im guessing a decent number will fight back, nothing to lose.

so what happens when the guy with the firearm is disarmed and empty's his magazine on everyone else on board???? if a trained police officer under stress will only hit his target maybe 30% of the time what do you think the chances are so yahoo trying to shoot someone on a plane trying to be a hero will hit his intended target without shooting someone adjacent to the person he's shooting at? chances arent very good that I can assure u of.

comparing churches and schools is a poor example to use cause there is no where to go on a plane.

it certainly isnt like you see in the movies if the bullet punctures the skin of an plane cause thats not gonna decompress the cabin. the cabin of the airplane is pressurized and a hole may creates a small leak but the planes pressurization system will compensate for it. even multible holes will have no effect.

but if the bullet blows out a window that's a HUGE problem. the plane will depressurize rapidly! all of the air in the plane is now rushing toward the blown out window and not to mention debris in the plane or anything not secured will be looking for the hole in the window as well.

the last thing we need on a plane is a shootout with someone who probably sees the range once a year if hes lucky....:whistle:

I fully agree!!!
It doesnt take much to get a carry permit. Ive been through 2 classes (since I let my first one expire:banghead:) anywhoos... In that class and on the range there were atleast 5 I wouldnt trust just from my view of them, This was verified during our range qaulifying.. Not the sharpest people I been around.
On that note would I trust some yahoooo with a loaded gun with 185 other people in a small area? Would I trust that person that they loaded there weapon with special ammunition so if they did empty a 14 round clip that the plane I am in 4 miles up didnt wind up with 14 holes in it? HELL NO I DONT TRUST THEM!!!

I agree fully with the TSA and there strict security and I have many many of times since 911 and also flew out of DWI Dulles Washington International 3 days after 911 and had to stand in line for 3 hours to get passed security did I mind... NO! It was either that or get a rent a car and drive 12 hours... FLYING IS A PRIVLEDGE its not a right!! They can reject you at ANY time for a legit reason!!
You dont need a knife on a plane your not boarding an aircraft to carve wood, skin an animal or any other reason a knife is used. Sit your azz down in the seat shut up and please take a shower and use deodarant.
You can wait till the plane lands and you get your bags to get your precisous Case pocket knife your grandfather gave you, if you are in fear of lost baggage, next day air it to where your going.

I think we should be able to get on a plane like boarding a bus, if you want to carry go ahead, I hate getting searched in the airport,absolutely hate it. Its a violation of my 4th amendment rights. If the government let untrustworthy individuals into the country and lets them stay it does not give them the right to violate my freedom of movement and unwarranted searches. They need to address the underlying issue, kick any questionable visitors out or jail them then kick them out, yes, be selective who they let in. I want my freedoms back. Fkn TSA.

Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think we should be able to get on a plane like boarding a bus, if you want to carry go ahead, I hate getting searched in the airport,absolutely hate it. Its a violation of my 4th amendment rights. If the government let untrustworthy individuals into the country and lets them stay it does not give them the right to violate my freedom of movement and unwarranted searches. They need to address the underlying issue, kick any questionable visitors out or jail them then kick them out, yes, be selective who they let in. I want my freedoms back. Fkn TSA.

Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cmon, tell us how you really feel?:laugh:

does anyone have any data on how often air marshal's are on board flights on average? I wouldnt mind there being a visibly armed federal police officer on every flight with maybe non lethal ammo or some sorta shotgun like Taser. that wud elleviate most peopl's fears....???

I think everyone should fly naked just to make sure they ain't carrying anything.

A simple wooden ruler can be more effective a weapon than a 2.36" folding knife. You going to stop kids from bringing their drawing implements? What about a nice high end metal pen? What about hair pins or combs with pointy ends on them? How about belts or shoelaces for the obvious strangulation opportunity? Let me see.. Improvisation can make great little weapons out of practically anything. Give me a few seconds with a paintbrush...

I fully agree!!!
It doesnt take much to get a carry permit. Ive been through 2 classes (since I let my first one expire:banghead:) anywhoos... In that class and on the range there were atleast 5 I wouldnt trust just from my view of them, This was verified during our range qaulifying.. Not the sharpest people I been around.
On that note would I trust some yahoooo with a loaded gun with 185 other people in a small area? Would I trust that person that they loaded there weapon with special ammunition so if they did empty a 14 round clip that the plane I am in 4 miles up didnt wind up with 14 holes in it? HELL NO I DONT TRUST THEM!!!

I agree fully with the TSA and there strict security and I have many many of times since 911 and also flew out of DWI Dulles Washington International 3 days after 911 and had to stand in line for 3 hours to get passed security did I mind... NO! It was either that or get a rent a car and drive 12 hours... FLYING IS A PRIVLEDGE its not a right!! They can reject you at ANY time for a legit reason!!
You dont need a knife on a plane your not boarding an aircraft to carve wood, skin an animal or any other reason a knife is used. Sit your azz down in the seat shut up and please take a shower and use deodarant.
You can wait till the plane lands and you get your bags to get your precisous Case pocket knife your grandfather gave you, if you are in fear of lost baggage, next day air it to where your going.

You don't need a phone, iPod, headphones, book, change, wallet, DVD player, iPad, or any other **** on a plane either. It's not about a previous case pocket knife or any other b.s. to which you choose to downplay. Its only a privilege in your eyes because of government control. I have the right to choose my method of transportation and to not be detained for any reason and searched like a criminal out of "randomness" or exposed to radiation so some goofy tech that has seen a video can determine whether I'm hiding any organics. All under the guise for your safety.

Cool story about your flight though, I guess your the only person that has a valid opinion, or that your time is virtually worthless while you're being violated.

Never seen a handgun with clips, since your judging the people's intelligence that are legally allowed to own, posses, and carry a weapon you could show me one of these clip fed handguns.

"They" can reject you at anytime, and you're ok with this? Not the service provider, but the TSA an extension of the same government that's only consistency is to be ineffective and unreliable.

Will I stop flying? No, I have to fly to meet certain deadlines, only way logistically to make it happen or if its cheaper for my company. At the end if the day though just because I'm made to follow certain rules doesn't mean they're right or I agree with them.

cheers
ken
Only if it's loaded with frangible ammo :laugh:

You have no rights in flying at this time. When you go through TSA security, you give up your rights voluntarily. Jesse Ventura tried to take a case dealing with this to the USSC and they will not pick up any TSA cases at this time. So, as he said, if the Supreme Court is not going to do its job, then you have no rights in flying. You are at the mercy of DHS and TSA. Your individual rights took a MAJOR hit from 9/11. Things Americans would never tolerate before they gladly tolerate now. Remember WWII and the unconstitutional internment camps? Everyone looked the other way since we were at war with those pesky Japanese........

Back