Carrying a knife in Scotland

Gpmo

Registered
So i am heading to Scotland this year with the wife, and was reading up on things to do and not to do. Apparently my CRKT "flick" knife is against the law???

I know we have a few folks around here from there, so want to make sure. If i understand right i can only carry a non-locking pocket knife? Seems so weird.. i could leave it at home but damn i've had a pocket knife since i was like 8 years old it just seems odd.

Doesn't matter, it may never make it past the TSA. I had a cigar cutter and small knife/money clip taken before I ever got on the plane. If you value it, leave it at home and buy a cheap one over there.

since 1988 any carried blade must be 3 inches or less as long as its capable of folding. no fixed blades. automatic and butterfly knives are prohibited. knives with any sort of locking mechanisms... are a gray area actually over there. what is defined as a locking knife varies from one officer to another there. I wud not even hassle with it. jus leave it home.

i'm going to leave my normal one for sure. I may just buy one while there that is legal..

still seems weird

I think its all the knife crimes they see over there but I agree its a little weird. I guess with no guns u gotta gut ppl lol

Ya, i was reading up about it and there is a ton of it.... I wonder if the knives are the cause :p :stirpot:

Just be careful of the taped box cutters! A few years ago the hoodlums were taping 2 box cutters together and swiping people in a crisscross pattern, this led to not being able to stitch the cuts.
Sorry, don't mean to scare you, just a heads up if you get into a Row over there.

Ya, i was reading up about it and there is a ton of it.... I wonder if the knives are the cause :p :stirpot:
wat else cud it be lol yea I'm not sure wats worse being shot or being gutted lol. prob shot is better

Having taken several cuts and never a bullet, i'm not sure.

I read about that double blade slicing.. Cause one blade wasn't bad enough ya know.

yea I knife will surely ruin ur day if not ur life. and ppl wonder why a cop can shoot someone who only has a knife. lol they jus hav no clue that not only can and will they be shot be it can be done legally at 21 feet. I fear knives over all other weapons cause them dam box cutters are hard to see and they will wreck ur world for sure.

As GNBRETT said None of those knifes are allowed over here in the UK.
You can buy them but not carry them.

I wasn't sure if it was UK wide or just Scotland. Though we are staying only in Scotland. If not I would have brought you a shiny bottle of gorilla glue Newman.

Take this instead
Wallace_sword.jpg

Back