new pair of riding pants looking for some advice

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
Ok I ordered a new pair of pants. I found a good buy on a pair of leather MotoGP track pants and snagged them up. They are good heavy leather, full padding in them, knee sliders etc. I get them and the fit seems to be good but wanted to get some advice as I've never owned or worn pants like these.

The two areas that concern me on fit are the waist and just above the knee. from the knee down they fit snug, not tight or uncomfortable in any way. The length is near perfect as well. Then the band just above the knee is snug as I have fairly large legs from years of abusing them in the gym. I can pull them up where the pad in the knee fits where it should but when I stand up, the taper of my leg lets it ride down a couple inches. In a seated position the thigh and waist are near perfect as well. Snug but not tight or uncomfortable. Then comes the waist. This particular pair has no adjustment and the rise (area from crotch to top of waist) is high for my build. When I ride this area wants to slide down which in turn causes it to fit loose. My concern with this is if I go sliding and the pants are loose, they could come off. They have the zipper to attach to my jacket but I would prefer to find a set of suspenders to hold them in place better. Does anyone else use any type of suspender and how do you attach them to your pants??

Also any comments or thoughts on the fit? Anything I need to be aware of??

pics? pant brand? you know you want to model them for us :) suit up..

My bad, I forgot pics :whistle:

IMG_0745 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0747 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0748 (Medium).JPG

My fronts dont slide as much as my back. Can I say that? Anyway, I will usually zip my jacket to my pants on long rides. Otherwise, its say no to crack. As long as they stay on you, and I believe they will, you should be ok.

My fronts dont slide as much as my back. Can I say that? Anyway, I will usually zip my jacket to my pants on long rides. Otherwise, its say no to crack. As long as they stay on you, and I believe they will, you should be ok.

I know, sounds bad doesn't it :whistle: these tend to slide more in the back as well. I had to change the zipper on my current jacket so it would zip to the pants, that did help some, should at least hold them all together.

They weren't my first choice in pants but when you find full leather pants of decent quality for under $100, can't turn them down. :thumbsup:

I just ordered a pair of these have to let you know how I like them...

pants.jpg

The pant looks like pretty darn good quality!

I have the "Teknic" pant and love them... I also have/had Kobe and AlpineStar Bat pants.. the Teknic fits me better and they use a velcro belt on the top.. (what a nice way to do the top)

As James noted... keeping them attached to the jacket makes a big difference (I bought a jacket from Teknic to go with the pant after they fit so well)

The Teknic jacket is a bit lacking after having my AGV for so long.. but it is certainly warmer (non vented and has a zip out liner) and the zipper fob is annoying at speed unless you pin it down under the velcro strap at the neck line.. is also lacking the "double" closure at the wrist zippers

The pant looks like pretty darn good quality!

I have the "Teknic" pant and love them... I also have/had Kobe and AlpineStar Bat pants.. the Teknic fits me better and they use a velcro belt on the top.. (what a nice way to do the top)

As James noted... keeping them attached to the jacket makes a big difference (I bought a jacket from Teknic to go with the pant after they fit so well)

The Teknic jacket is a bit lacking after having my AGV for so long.. but it is certainly warmer (non vented and has a zip out liner) and the zipper fob is annoying at speed unless you pin it down under the velcro strap at the neck line.. is also lacking the "double" closure at the wrist zippers

They feel like they are good quality, leather is thick, good padding where needed etc, I would not have any complaints if they just had some type of adjustable closure instead of just a couple snaps. and maybe a couple places where suspenders could be easily attached if one so desired. My goal is to add one of the NJK full leather jackets to go with them. For time being I changed the zipper on my current jacket so it attaches so they should work. If nothing else they are better than jeans or other cotton type pants not designed for riding or protection.

I just ordered a pair of these have to let you know how I like them...

I like the look and stying on those, looks like they have some type of waist adjustment on the sides as well and also have small front pockets, a nice thing if riding on streets and not necessarily just on the track.

Too old/slow to be on the track, just looking for comfort and more protection than jeans thanks

I probably won't make one til next spring, just have too many things going on this fall to get away

If you don't mind me asking... where'd you get the deal? I've been looking at leathers, but keep finding cruiser gear (a$$less chaps ???)

If you don't mind me asking... where'd you get the deal? I've been looking at leathers, but keep finding cruiser gear (a$$less chaps ???)

I ordered mine from Motorcycle Closeouts - Gearing up in 2008

I have also used and had really good luck with the following two as well

Home Page

Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear

Just have to keep a close eye on them from time to time as things change, I watch the closeouts closely as you can pick up some great deals from time to time

Back