Leather pants problem.

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
I have been looking all over and trying pants on left and right. I am 5'9" with a 36 inch waist. In normal pants, I would wear a 30" inseam. Nothing fits. Who are all these tall skinny guys? I am not fat but I want to be fashionable without the knee armor down by my shins. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

I have been looking all over and trying pants on left and right.  I am 5'9" with a 36 inch waist.  In normal pants, I would wear a 30" inseam.  Nothing fits.  Who are all these tall skinny guys?  I am not fat but I want to be fashionable without the knee armor down by my shins.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
MIght try a US company. Vanson...Uh...yeah Vanson...They seem to understand that a lot of Americans do not fit the one size fit all Mantra...

I have been looking all over and trying pants on left and right.  I am 5'9" with a 36 inch waist.  In normal pants, I would wear a 30" inseam.  Nothing fits.  Who are all these tall skinny guys?  I am not fat but I want to be fashionable without the knee armor down by my shins.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
U got some short a$$ legs there Paul....I would try some Teknic Thunder pants . They seem the shortest in the leg that I've tried over the years . I have some 34/34 thunders ,an' the knee cup sits up a little high , thats why I'm recomending those . My Suzuki pants , Dynamic Scholler , fit well so probably they wont work , and my Joe Rocket Phoenix pants seem way long , even for me , dont think those will work for ya . Give the Teknic's a try.....
RSD.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
U got some short a$$ legs there Paul....I would try some Teknic Thunder pants . They seem the shortest in the leg that I've tried over the years . I have some 34/34 thunders ,an' the knee cup sits up a little high , thats why I'm recomending those . My Suzuki pants , Dynamic Scholler , fit well so probably they wont work , and my Joe Rocket Phoenix pants seem way long , even for me , dont think those will work for ya .  Give the Teknic's a try.....
                                              RSD.
Well Well I guess we know who the clothes horse of the board is ehh, Likes-his-hide-on?

rock.gif

I agree with Rubberside on that one. Try the Teknic's. They are some good fitting pants that work well with us Americans. They also make some pretty nice leathers as well.

Brian

As a school administrator, I wear an Aerostich to work 3-4 days a week when possible and Vanson leathers when knee scraping on the weekends. What exactly is going to be your goal. I need to ride to work with a shirt and tie under the stich suit. Both of these American companies will work with you until it is just the way that you want it. All of this custom work does come with a price but your measurements don't seem out of line to me. We're all not built like Valentino Rossi with a 29" waist. Todd

I don't know about leather, but I was interested in the joe rocket jeans and I also have a 30" inseam. I e-mailed them and got a quick response that to buy the waist size I would need and have them hemmed. The armor in the knee is adjustable... Hope this helps, might want to contact Joe Rocket if you want leather, they might give you the hookup,,

I bought a pair of Teknic Thunder pants today for $149.95 from Helmet Harbor. I figured at that price it was worth a shot. Helmet Harbor is having a close out on Teknic wear. I will let you know what I think when I get them. Thanks for all the advice.

Paul

Thanks in advance.

Paul
I have the opposite problem. I am 6'1" with a 32 inch waist and a 33" inseam. My pants fit perfectly when standing... But, when I sit in riding position, knee pads tend to pull upwards. I am constantly tugging and pushing on the pads during riding to keep 'em over my patellas!

Crap. Just got an e-mail from Helmet Harbor saying they are out of my size.
sad.gif

Oh well.

Back