new owner progressing along and What smartphone app(s) are you using?

TNTom

Registered
Well, about all that's left for the initial break in is setting the appt. to go have the service done. Thanks for your help in my previous thread.

Here she is now that I've put my mark on there.
Seat bag, grip pads, tank pad, heel pads, Ram ball mount for phone/gps, adjustable flip up clutch and brake levers, a tidy tag/insp sticker and most rewardingly... the tank warning sticker and all it's remnants are gone:) I'll just have to somehow remember to wear a helmet and not to drink and drive.

Also, I really have to share what great service and support I have gotten from a couple vendors.

T-Rex Racing went above and beyond to solve a logistical problem and ended up giving me more than I originally ordered, doing all the legwork and getting it to me faster than I had expected if there hadn't been a logistical problem in the first place. I never even had to call them, they called me. They then left a couple voice mails, and called again just to make sure they could take care of everything. Oscar is who i talked to there and he got straight to the point of getting me what I needed, efficient, fast and knew what he was talking about. I got a full set of stands incl. head lift, pin and spools from them. They are as solid as the pitbull's I saw at the dealership. I've used the rear stand already and it's solid. The whole set is well built.

The people in the store at Woods Cycle Country in New Braunfels, TX gave me tons of information, looked up stuff on the web, went to the actual motorcycle to see how things would fit or not, and were very helpful and patient despite how many newbies they must have to deal with on a weekly basis.

A note to other new owners with ABS. I only found it mentioned in one thread, so I want to say it again clearly. You can NOT use the standard fork lift front stand that uses two padded round fingers to pick up from the bottom of the forks. The ABS IS in the way. We verified this at the dealership and I checked with my T-rex stand at home. You'll have to get a head lift or some other lift.

So, what smartphone app(s) are you using? I'm using Here Drive on my Nokia Windows Phone. It's great for glancing down and being able to see what the speed limit is, and how fast I'm really going. It's not so great for being able to recall a ride and see where I've gone.

WP_20150118a.jpg

Back