New owner/NC

RammlerS2K

Registered
I've been using the information on this forum for awhile now, both before and after getting my 'busa, so thank you to everybody that has contributed helpful information. I had never ridden a bike before getting my 'busa, and like many others was questioning whether the bike was too much for my size(~6ft180lb)age(26)and experience(none). With that being said, I still went with the 'busa. It has never been my nature to start out small with any vehicle, the first atv i ever rode was my '05 yfz450, and i taught myself to drive a manual with my '00 s2000. Before anybody begins flaming me, I am not some spoiled "rich kid" I've worked hard from the time I was old enough and bought each on my own. I picked up my '05 black/gray 'busa in February, taught myself to ride it, trailering the bike to clear parking lots and slow empty roads. So far, and I realize it is still early, I have had no spills or close calls. I primarily ride with more experienced older riders, and have no desire to act foolish on my bike. I believe a lot of my luck has been due to the tips and advice i got from this board. With that being said, in September I experienced some misfortune, while on vacation in myrtle beach my bike was stolen the first night, with a very long story short it was a long week. Two days after the trip I was picking up my "new" bike (couldn't stand not having the 'busa after waiting so long to get the first one). Sadly the replacement was in terrible shape, cheap tacky aftermarket add-ons, damaged fairings, lazily installed or modified parts. I've spent the last couple months tearing down and replacing everything on the bike except for the wheels, frame, and engine. I have some experience working on my cars, but I've never worked on a bike before so a lot of it was puzzling and I'm sure an experienced bike mechanic would have been able to do the work in a fraction of the time. I was nervous about ordering the infamous "hong-kong" plastic and was pleasantly surprised by the fit and quality, given all the negative reviews. So after new tires, grips, pegs, bar ends, full plastic, lights, under tail, repainted tank(myself), frame sliders, exhaust, and of course alarm system, I finally have my bike back...just in time for winter. I've been able to take it out a couple times, but am certainly looking forward to spring. I have pics of the first bike, second bike before, during, and now, and I'll see if I can get them attached to another post. But as it is I am rambling on, sorry so I'll summarize...

*'busa good first bike for me
*don't go to myrtle beach
*can never be well enough informed
*"hong-kong" plastic kit-at least one was ok
*winter sucks
*lol thanks again for all the information in the forum.

lol k, I'll try to add pics in the next couple posts, if it works ill post first bike, second bike, second bike naked, and second bike now

first busa.jpg

second busa.jpg

:welcome: to the oRg. Great looking ride. Good group in NC. What part of NC, if you're comfortable ?

thanks everybody for the welcome, I am in the asheville area for those that asked, and for tmpowdercoating, the fairing was off ebay it was a 14 piece kit from hong kong similar to item #370292374774. i ordered the fairing bolt kit from my local dealer to get the black fairing bolts rather than the factory silver.

Back