New Owner In St. Louis Mo

FergusonMisfit

Registered
Just purchased an 05, believe its Metallic Phantom Gray but the tank and fuel pump from a gen 2 has been swapped on at some point. bike was bought from an action and was lowsided at some point in its life. Has low miles, not sure how true it is although title and ODO do match. Bike has been sitting for at least 3 years. Only mechanical mods are the full hindle system. Sorry for the low quality pictures its from the craigslist add. I will be lurking to get info for a while but wanted to say hello.
00J0J_guFQU7PEBT6_1200x900_zpsvdfebgbn.jpg

00i0i_ftgkzbn2HKh_1200x900_zpsn0rvrx6w.jpg

Gonna do my best to save her, the wiring has been hacked a bit as the bike was from an auction, instead of buying a new ignition cylinder it was just punched out and a toggle wired in. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Welcome. Look on the brightside, by the time you get her right you will know the bike inside and out. Plus you will have something that you can be proud of.

Yep I have a habit of saving bikes. My current ride is a 94 Katana 750 that in all reality should not be running. The good thing is that it does run, its just basically "hotwired" cant wait to get some actual pictures clean and in the sun.

Nice find! Lots of prep required before risking riding.

Welcome to the site, enjoy and keep everyone updated on the progress.

Little update, got the bike torn apart, I was a little hesitant to post up the actual mileage as I thought it was bogus (even though title matched), but now after running the VIN and checking the history I'm pretty confident. It has 2,630 original miles, bike has not been on the road since 2008. I spent the weekend going valve train specs, replacing dry rotted and cracked rubber, chasing down wiring gremlins(two redundant kill switches), and getting it started. guess I will start a "build" thread, though it would seem you guys don't have a build section. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Glad to hear you have started restoration. Let us know if you have questions, someone will know the answers.

Congrats and welcome to the .org! Projects provide the opportunity for lots of education and this place is great to provide information. Look forward to seeing how the bike turns out.

Back