New Owner From St. Louis

Tb3

Registered
bought a 2011 busa 3 months ago. pearl white, 2,000 miles. always wanted one. and its the funnest bike I've owned so far. I've been using the search function on this site for quite awhile. Just about all my questions have been answered that way, so haven't really needed to post. I've done hella lotta learnin, so thank you all!
it was all stock.
I had to add the rear rack. I know it doesn't help the looks much, but it is a really nice thing to have,especially when riding 2up.
I removed the factory stickers and put on a couple in black. I wanted a more subtle look. removed the tires and blasted/epoxy painted the wheels black, trimmed the rear mud guard. I didn't want to completely remove it.

I do have some performance mods planned. I will add a k&n air filter, vance and hines 4-2 header, and have the ecm reflashed and dyno tuned, and maybe more later. For now I'm still reading and learning.
I have a throttlemeister on my cane and really like it, so i'm going to get one of those also. also differant seats for sure. I think the stock seat is actually pretty comfortable, but I like what I've read about some of the aftermarket seats that plant you down a inch or so more into the bike.

Thats all for now. see you guys around the forum. If theres anybody local and wants to ride, hit me up.
I also have a 90 cbr 1000f and love the heck out of it.

20160817_182106_zps4qh4liub.jpg

20160817_182308_zpspbvns33d.jpg

20160817_182251_zpsalgshj7n.jpg

:welcome: This forum is full of priceless do's and don't's. Congrats on the bike.. (I've waited a long time to say this) IT'S THE FASTEST COLOR!!!!! Be safe and have fun! If ya ever make it over to KC look us up!

Reactions: Tb3
Welcome to the org. I get over to stl a couple times a month. Will have to meet up for a ride some time.

:welcome: This forum is full of priceless do's and don't's. Congrats on the bike.. (I've waited a long time to say this) IT'S THE FASTEST COLOR!!!!! Be safe and have fun! If ya ever make it over to KC look us up!

Not really sure the small stickers add enough black to make it faster, but it is a good start.:D

Nice bikes - both of them! That CBR looks amazing for her age; I had a garbage '89 600 hurricane (first sport bike) - Welcome. There are members in the STL area, enjoy the oRg!

Lol! I guess it comes down to which color is lighter. They say that black is the absence of all color, so would that mean that, technically, black IS faster??? Hell , I don't know. Somebody smarter than me can figure that out. I sure love my pearl white though, the bronze/goldish wheels and decals that where on it....not so much.
Ironically, this bike came from kc. It was on ebay and didn't sell,I made a offer and he took it

Welcome to the org. I get over to stl a couple times a month. Will have to meet up for a ride some time.

Sounds good. I'm very laid back, and not a real aggressive rider, I can be, but it's just not as enjoyable because of all the road hazards and ding Dong cagers you have to constantly look for. At least around hear, anyways

Nice bikes - both of them! That CBR looks amazing for her age; I had a garbage '89 600 hurricane (first sport bike) - Welcome. There are members in the STL area, enjoy the oRg!

Thank you sir! My 1000f has 10,000 miles and not a single scratch. I've done the stick coil conversion, k&n filter, and drilled out a stock pair of exhaust so not to booger up the originals. This winter I'm going to rejet the carbs

Last edited:
Back