New no cut frame sliders gsg

chimaira

Registered
I Just ordered these for my bike. I had contemplated cutting the plastics but i didnt like the fact that it was so hard to get the farings off to change the oil, so I opted for these. I think they look very nice and remain functional. Notice they mount directly to the frame. I'll Be sure and enclose a pic once i have them installed.

GSG_Engine_Protector_Hayabusa_Left.jpg

I would like to see a pic from farther away. Cant say I have seen those before.

I'm wandering how much they would impede you getting away from the bike in the event of an accident.

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure I like the location. On the other hand, they could protact you some if you low-sided with your foot still on the peg. Might be pretty good protection for the engine covers, too. Seems like you'd still need something towards the front.

I Just ordered these for my bike. I had contemplated cutting the plastics but i didnt like the fact that it was so hard to get the farings off to change the oil, so I opted for these. I think they look very nice and remain functional. Notice they mount directly to the frame. I'll Be sure and enclose a pic once i have them installed.
Ordered from where? And how much?

So many accessories are getting to the point that they have lost their original intent. I think these score well in the looks department, but many frame sliders have also been helpful in saving fairing components.

Placing the frame slider in the middle of the frame such as this is going to cause the heavy engine to force the bike to lean more on the front components during a spill or slide. All front components may be damaged...

Engine case
All front fairing components
Forward frame
Front fender
Levers and bars, possibly busting up the triple tree

Now in conjunction with a front frame slider this could be an awesome setup.

There's a reason why frame sliders originated up front  
rock.gif

I agree with High-Gain Busa, they look to far rearward, and not sticking out far enough to really protect the frame (as originally designed) or engine (basically a caveat of the original design). Used in conjunction I think it would be great. Also agree with NJ, might impede a clean get-off in the event you needed to separate from the Busa quickly in a low side. Good luck.

I ordered them form wild hare accessories in arizona. sorry i didnt provide that info earlier. the is a write up on them in the last issue of 2 wheel tuner. look for gsg frame sliders, in a nutshell these have passed stringent german testing as they are manufactured in germany. they have a web site whaccessories.com i understand there will always be haters out there who pass judgement without looking at test results, and that just their opinion.......everyone has one i like them and thats what counts easy removal of faring for oil changes. good day!

Hey, where did you buy those???

They look like a nice set to use with the other type of no cut front sliders.

Sweet!!!

Believe me, there are sliders being sold that will snap off the instant thier touched.
These have no business being called a slider. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayabusa-NO-CUT-Chrome-Spike-Frame-Sliders-Savers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35586QQihZ002

QQitemZ120266813173QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....meZWDVW</a>
Not only are these going to dig in and snap off, they are going to bust up the fairing in the process.

Nothing against Josh here.... He didn't make them

View attachment 104230
I'm reviving this very old thread. Did you ever install these? If so, what do you think?

I'm reviving this very old thread. Did you ever install these? If so, what do you think?
It's OK to necro-post if there is some sort of addition to the thread......the person you quoted hasn't been on the site since 2009...so don't expect any response from that individual.

Back