New muzzy & more...

Looks real good! Now lower that thing. The stance is so much nicer when they've been dropped slightly. I lowered mine 1.5" in the front and 2.5" in the rear. Cheap to do and the look is well worth it.

Litchfield.jpg

Have you thought of wrapping your pipe with exhaust wrap where the oil line touches it? Your bike looks great

Looks real good! Now lower that thing. The stance is so much nicer when they've been dropped slightly. I lowered mine 1.5" in the front and 2.5" in the rear. Cheap to do and the look is well worth it.
Thanx!

I would like to find out what it takes to lower it. If it's cheap enough, I might try it out just to see if I like it!

Have you thought of wrapping your pipe with exhaust wrap where the oil line touches it?  Your bike looks great
I have thought about wrapping it. My first stop was AutoZone and the guy there said they didn't have anything like that (for insulation purposes anyway).

Do you know where to get some?

I'm assuming it's a type of insulation material and not the metalic tape used to support pipes and mufflers - is that right?

how hard were the turn signals to do?

hogger...
I assume you're talkin' bout the front. They were a piece of cake after having the front end off the bike (this includes removing the side plastics, the plastic pieces under the gauge cluster, the mirrors, and windscreen). Like most things on this bike, removing the plastics usually take the most time. After removing them a couple of times though, it is pretty easy (just time consuming which is why the dealer charges so much for something as simple as an oil change). Sorry, I'm ramblin'.

Each signal lense in the front cowling just have 2 screws holding them in. The Clear Alternatives replacements come with an amber bulb to replace the original.

Hope this answers you question.
FT

Looks great!
beerchug.gif

If you want the back to match the front, I have a clear taillight cover and LED replacement bulbs I had on mine until I went with integrated signals. Much brighter than stock and the clear looks great on the bike. Pics of mine, PM if interested- $20 + shipping if you want it to get it off my shelf.

Tail4.JPG

Looks great!  
beerchug.gif

If you want the back to match the front, I have a clear taillight cover and LED replacement bulbs I had on mine until I went with integrated signals. Much brighter than stock and the clear looks great on the bike. Pics of mine, PM if interested- $20 + shipping if you want it to get it off my shelf.
Shibumi,

I'm in - sent you a PM!

FT

Mods look good...lowering it front and rear is around $100. and i think i seen a flexible oil line available to solve that line problem.

<!--EDIT|NiTrowood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151867727 -->

Lowered mine the day I go it- links in back and Pingel stainless bushings up front. Love it!

This is a good thread on the Pingels, do a search and you'll get HUNDREDS on lowering links.

hey if you want to trick that out a lil more use the LED kit from clear alternatives for the busa and you have integrated taillights then and if you check out www.superbikestore.com they have a undertail for a c-note that comes in the color of your bike

Mods look good...lowering it front and rear is around $100. and i think i seen a flexible oil line available to solve that line problem.
NiTrowood - The flex oil line is a good idea.  I'm wondering if a new flex line would replace the existing short flex along with the fixed end connected to the cooler?   Anybody have experience with this?

This is a good thread on the Pingels, do a search and you'll get HUNDREDS on lowering links.
Shibumi - Thanks for link.  That is easy (I'll have to give it a try).

Bike looks great. I like the looks of the tail and the seats. SWEET!
hottrodd7 - Thanks for the prop's!

hey if you want to trick that out a lil more use the LED kit from clear alternatives for the busa and you have integrated taillights then and if you check out www.superbikestore.com they have a undertail for a c-note that comes in the color of your bike
blackbusa01 - I have thought about those upgrades and will likely go that way eventually. I'm just saving a few bucks right now.

<!--EDIT|FalconTamer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152060302 -->

Mine has very limited clearance on that oil line too. I would be interested in the flex line or tips on how to bend it for more clearance.

Back