New Member - my first Busa

ericyow

Registered
Just wanted to introduce myself to the group.  My name is Eric Yow and I just got my first Busa.  I've ridden for years now and sold my last bike last summer.  I was getting ready to buy a house and changed my mind, deciding to put the down payment I had saved up on the new ride.  It's an 03 with 7800 miles.  I gave 6500 for it in Memphis.  The 2nd owner had chromed the levers, bar ends, stator and clutch covers, pegs, brackets, and sissy bar.  Not a fan of chrome, but whatever.  He put a full Hindle exhaust system on, too, which is nice.  It was lowered with dogbones in the back so as soon as I got it home I got it back up.  It's now in the middle of the 3 holes.  (stock height?)  It'd never been down but shows a few scratches from loading and unloading, then being stuffed in the corner of a garage to sit unused. Not a big fan of the LP flushmount rear blinkers, either, but whatever.

I've got to get tires, tags, and insurance.  I went ahead and ordered Avon Storms from Ronayers, after reading reviews on here.  I might need a new battery too.  I'll pull the battery and have it tested, I suppose. The guy gave me his swingarm extender blocks and the extended chain that he bought to go 6 over with, but never did. I'll not be putting those on, if you have any ideas what I should do with them. Thanks.

I've got tons of questions, but they'll get answered in due time.  Greetings, all!

100_2250.jpg

100_2247.jpg

100_2245.jpg

100_2244.jpg

Welcome to the madness.

Oh yeah, if you have questions this place HAS answers!

Welcome to your new addiction/family !!

as far as the extenders and chain just ship them to me, i'll make sure they get a good home
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Welcome to a fellow Tennessean
beerchug.gif
Come to the Busa Bash at the Tail of the Dragon April 25-27 and introduce yourself
smile.gif

beerchug.gif

I might just have to do that! I bought the bike with intentions of getting to East TN just ASAP, for sure. I might could make it out on the 26th.
-yow!

hello.gif
Welcome to the oRg. ericyow........

Looks like you found a good one. The Bike looks nice.......

welcome.gif
newbie.gif

Great looking color! Yes, start getting it ready and put some miles on it at the Bash!

Pretty originial screen name too by the way....
cool.gif

Welcome to the oRg. Nice bike bro. As for the extra parts, post them up for sale in the "for sale" section, someone will take them off your hands. And do make it to the bash if you can!
beerchug.gif

Good boy putting up pix with your inaugural post. Other newbs could learn a little something something from you.

Welcome to the madness, yo!

Congrats on your awesome purchase.

Scar

Scar___08__Feb_9__08.jpg

Welcome and congrats....
clap.gif
you could sell the extensions for sure...you could probably even find a buyer or even trade some of the chrome parts you are not a fan of...post it in the appropriate sections and I'm sure you won't have any problem

Back