New member from Scotland :)

Tank will eventually go blue, and carbon front guard :)
Loads.... LOADS to be done yet but I will get there by the time petrols banned haha
You did a lot of work on it already....looks very clean and ready to ride.

I hate to say it but it is looking similar to a Honda Hawk GT.....the way it sits now that is...

05-3.jpg

Hahaha dont confuse it with a hongay :p
TBF the lad doing my work turbo'd a hongay blade and I love it! I like the blackbirds as well ( fightered )

Hahaha dont confuse it with a hongay :p
TBF the lad doing my work turbo'd a hongay blade and I love it! I like the blackbirds as well ( fightered )
The resemblance is uncanny though isn't it?

Do you have pictures of the turbo Blade?

Only odd thing imho was the connected brakes ( and gearbox issues ) but lets be honest.... what bike doesnt have issues.

Well picked it up today. Was icy as hell. What a difference. Gears all work, exhaust baffle removal means it doesnt judder at slow speeds in town, didnt go fast... tbh some corners were 35-40mph but it was so smooth :)
Looks the part now - at least to me :)
+8 rear feels great but a bit high revs cruising... we shall see once the weather improves if I keep it or not.

You did a lot of work on it already....looks very clean and ready to ride.

I hate to say it but it is looking similar to a Honda Hawk GT.....the way it sits now that is...

View attachment 1629721
When I got my old srad 600 I traded a quad I had and the first bike I looked at trading it for was a hawk, was in ok shape and all the research I did said they were great in the turns but the low top speed made me walk away. Glad I did cause the srad I ended up with was great and I've always been a Suzuki fan.

Well it's near bike season again!
Loads planned this year :)
New rear pads to go in.
New quick twist grips.
Power commander v ( with no map as yet, ecu is tuned but i will need this later..... )
Clutch slave rebuild kit as im struggling with neutral running, bled it and it was fine a while so it must be sucking in air.
New headlight and indicators built in... not sure if I like it yet tbh.
Possibly paint wheels and tank ( waiting to afford a carbon front guard )
Ohh, and a turbo too

Hello all.
Ive bought this from my friend Bert.
ive also got a standard blue silver gen 1 .
Now, im no where near as rich as Bert for buying loads of stuff for the busa, but will do some upgrades in the winter, for now ive just ordered a smaller rear sprocket and another link for the chain.
future plans include modern front end , rear wheel, master cylinders, calipers etc and if i win the lotto, a turbo.

Modifications have started.
Pair of R1 wheels bought, stripped, new bearings all round and some powder coating, which will be a bitch to keep clean, but who cares, it looks nice.
couldnt get a spindle, or dimensions of choplegs ones, so i bought a pair of 09 r1 forks from the bayof eeee.
there is 5mm width difference between front ends so i will shim out each side 2.5mm.
im also binning the single sided swingarm, and putting a standard, stretched arm in there instead.
progress, kinda
1.JPG
2.JPG

R1 yokes on the way, stem swap will see it right, without the need to space out discs etc.
more expense.

next stop - seat unit. im on the look out for a ducati 848, 1098 one , or maybe gsxr or s1000rr one with lights, seat pads, subframe etc if anyone knows anyone?

bottom yoke and mudguard arrived, dug out some other goodies.
i was wanting to use my big yokes, pictured, but they were made for gsxr so different spacing and offset. R1 ones will be fine. they need powder coated and new stem.
Swingarm ive had for 10+ years, never fitted it. again, powder coat reqd.
getting there

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

never really liked the seat unit,so ive added to my credit mountain by buying up the constituent parts of one of these. sub frame will obviously need some alteration, but i think it will suit ole fatty bus
shexy ,miss moneypenny, oh yes, itwill be, coming from Germany, hope i dont get screwed for import duty or ill cry

6.jpg

started breaking down the seat unit this morning, oh my what a bodge job, butchered mudguard, bent bolts, timber and zip ties holding the undertray on, its all faintly amusing...but not in a good way
hay1.JPG

hay5.JPG
hay2.JPG
hay6.JPG

will be glad to see the back of this lot. im hoping i will have enough room for the battery, ecu and regulator etc under the svelte italian supermodel seat....ooooh exciting times

Back