New mad max movie

i have heard good things about it ...though i have heard bad as well...i think it all depends on how hooked you are on the originals...

This is a must see for me :thumbsup:

I was big into the old movies and I'm a fan of the 2 lead actors Hardy and Theron.

I remember that kid with the boomerang he was cool.
One thing don't make sense there low on fuel+water but they all drive hot rod muscle cars get 5 miles gallon.
I don't care its still cool.

OK, by popular demand! :laugh:

Saw Mad Max. I was a big fan of the first Max with Mel Gibson. Back then it was a really unique movie that was in many ways original. That, combined with the clumsy filming and very real stunts made the movie a deserving cult classic. The Max franchise moved on to bigger, more Hollywood efforts and was still entertaining if not quite as charming as the original. This latest installment of the movie is not so much a "next" event as a retelling so to speak. The movie is big, powerful and action from credits to credits. However there is more thought given to the motivation of the different protagonists & antagonists in the movie and somehow by the end of the movie you actually are thinking all this madness makes sense! Charlize is amazing in the movie. She can make herself almost anything and she is completely believable as the female lead and a deadly ally for Max. The guy who played Max as ok, Mel was better.

The effects in this movie were first rate, that is you don't notice then. The stunts are larger than life and the CG technology has allowed movie goers to experience action from impossible vantage points that really make you a part of the action. I also thought the crazy vehicles were really well conceived in this version of the series. The bad guys used a strategy, it wasn't just a mad dash through the desert with crazy animal people trying desperately to get killed. There is also a very moving look to the movie, with more than just piles of junk to look at.

So, this was not the best Mad Max, that was obviously the first. Since the first movie it seems the world has gotten more desperate and deconstructed. But it is still a great movie that is well directed and a fun ride. I give it 3 stars and a definitely see it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

must see this! Max has always been more of a superhero to me than any being from another planet or one that derived his powers by an accident or spider bite...just a normal man doing what must be done in his world while everyone else falters out of fear :bowdown:

Make sure you see it in 3D. There are some twisted azz ideas in this one.
The guitar player leading the attacks is fricking a whacko!

Am I the only one that is wondering why writers and Hollywood are running out of ideas? Some of my favorite movies are now remakes, like Poltergeist. I don't really want them done again :( I don't like change, I want the original great one. What's next - Ben Hur, the remake? The Exorcist, redux? Ughhhh...

I'm an original Mad Max fan too...back when Mel was so awesome... *sigh*

I love that fallenarch reviews movies though :thumbsup:

They all want 2 get 2 the green place aaaaa the green place must b great there.
I just got back from Cincinnati delivery not very green there.

Am I the only one that is wondering why writers and Hollywood are running out of ideas? Some of my favorite movies are now remakes, like Poltergeist. I don't really want them done again :( I don't like change, I want the original great one. What's next - Ben Hur, the remake? The Exorcist, redux? Ughhhh...

I'm an original Mad Max fan too...back when Mel was so awesome... *sigh*

I love that fallenarch reviews movies though :thumbsup:

I would love to see a Ben Hur remake. They could make a really good chariot race!

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior is going to be on Spike in 30 more minutes...guess what's going to be on while i'm packing my bags for the Eureka Springs MnG? :thumbsup:

Back