New lid

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
Just got this new Icon Perimeter Domain.

Was advertised to be very stable at speed secondary to the areodynamics that help prevent the rear of the helmet from lifting. Also has a removeable curtain under the chin to prevent unwanted turbulence there too. I am really impressed with the chin vent that directs air up the inside of the face shield to prevent foging, works great!

It looks a little like a space helmet because of the aerodynamics but performs as advertised.

Front view, notice the large air intakes left and right, also harder to appreciate is the dorsal vent between them.

h1.JPG

Side view showing the more boxed shape of the rear of the helmet. It is basically a spoiler built into the hemlet which helps prevent lifting of the rear of the lid.

h2.JPG

And a rear view. Note the large air flow exit ports.

h3.JPG

That is a nice lid...I am in the air between that and the Shoei RF-1000. How does it feel at higher speed? What bout noise?

How's the noise? I had an RF1000 and needed plugs on the highway but I think you do with any helmet from what I've read. I was going to try the next step up from a RF1000 or a top of the line Arai.

Brian, it is very stable. I have only gotten up to 150mph with this lid, or any lid for that matter,
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
(just a big chicken) but the ICON is very stable there. Even going through turbulence caused by other vehicles like tractor trailors is much easier. I took it on a trip down to Florida and noticed much less neck soreness or cramping secondary to having to fight the wind.

Noise is tolerable, I think the chin apron really helps in that department.

My previous lid, which I no longer be wearing, is an HJC cs-12. The noise difference is like riding in a Cadillac and a ragtop. There are also these little cutouts inside the helmet in the area of the ears intended for mounting helmet speakers.

All in all, a really good job of a helmet. I guess it is lightyears in advancement compared to my HJC
smile.gif

Nice lookin' lid ... you should give us a pic with it on the bike. Bet it looks great there, too.

Awesome Review, I am ordering the Rubatone Black Domain next week. I currently have an RF-1000, so for dude that was up in the air get the Icon, biggest reason, the Shoei does not have a completely removable lining. I commute ~150 miles a day round trip for work, it is great to hear that helmet has less neck fatigue. One more question for ya, how is the air flow. I know it has the big a$$ jet intake type vents.

Don

Don,

The airflow is very good. On my trip to FLorida, my hair was dry when I stopped for gas, no sweat at all. I did not have to crack the face shield either, it stayed closed all the way.

Lid with the BUSA as requested!
alien.gif

<!--EDIT|tpbio
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150132805 -->

h7.JPG

Tom,
Glad you like the helmet! I will be getting the blue one for my next helmet! Thanks for the review.

Back