New lid

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
just picked up this HJC AC-11 leftover. i really dig the colors so i went with it. fit good, has removable lining, and felt pretty light. the colors definately got me.

anyone have experience with the HJC AC-11's as far as shield lift, helmet lift, vent cooling???... ect ect... i still have the reciept

thanks fellas

newlid.jpg

One of my helmets is a HJC and it is a great helmet. I don't wear it much anymore but, it vents well, good snug fit. It is getting a little old now so I get visor lift when I turn my head to far but, that is just because it is old. I think they are great helmets though.

i actually have a hjc ac11 creature. i love the helmet and used it a hole lot. as far as shields go it's easy to get it. most of your local shops stock it. venting is not bad. i stopped wearing it when i got my busa, the dealer threw in a busa helmet for free. if you think the hjc is light you should try this bad boy on. shoie does it right

got 3 of the HJC's--(2) 11's and one CL-14. For the price--you can buy lots and change often!

HJC....owned several of'em...and still have a plain vanilla one I bought years ago and still wear to work as it has sentimental value to me....they are a reasonably priced sturdy helmet for the masses...and as such?...for every pro there is a con...as follows...

a tad heavy on the head as compared to the high ticket top shelfers however...the reason for this is the same as why it also feels a bit huge and bulbous as hjc uses a very soft inner foam hence there's more of it...as in..."thicker"...but the pros of this thick soft foam are...

1. It makes it relativly easy to get a great fit.
2. Thanks to the great fit above?...they are also pretty quiet and...
3. pretty dang comfy on the head despite their weight and size.

The only two gripes I've noticed with'em are...

1. If you wear them frequently and for long periods of time?...it seems like the foam starts to "Take A Set" and loosen up the fit to your head...and 2-3 days into a ride your size "L" starts feeling more like an "XL"....and...

2. The visor detents sem to wear out quickly...i was replacing my fsceshields about every 2-3 months as it seemed about 50 filps up and down of the visor would wear the postional detent nubs enough that once at superslab touring speed a cracked open visor would slam shut on me...on hot south florida days...and "that" did become a pet peeve of mine with the hjc's...pi$$ me off that the visors woiuld wear out so quickly...so...the only one I have left?...my beloved plain vanilla?...the visor on that one is about three years old and I finally just said screw it...it's a "going to work helmet"...let it slam shut!
laugh.gif

Nice looking lid man...and maybe hjc has improved their visor systems but I'm personally hooked on scorpions now.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Nice helmet. I have two cl-14s. They are a great helmet for the money.

super.gif

Back