Carbon Fiber Helmet

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
I need some help. Currently I am using a HJC AC-11 helmet and it is too heavy. After 200 miles of riding and some bumps my shoulders and neck really start to bother me. Does anyone know if anyone makes a lightweight Carbon Fiber helmet or any other helmet that is really light and still safe enough to be used as a brain bucket.

A helmet that is too big will wear you out too..make sure its nice and snug.
Take a look @ a quality helmet from Arai or Shoei.

Suomy Spec 1R, Shoei X11, Arai Corsair
wink.gif

Welcome tot the board. I went from an AC-11 to an ICON Mainframe. Seems lighter, but I think that is due to a better fit. You may want to check it out.

Ive seen a full CF lid advertised in most cycle mags. Not sure of the brand but it will set you back about $850 to $900.........

Welcome to the board. I have a HJC also and seem to really like it. Pretty light and it doesn't really bother me to wear it all the time.

Heres mine.........Full carbon fiber, it weighs 1200 grams and has snell, DOT and CE safety ratings. 1rst one....

DSCI0002.JPG

I have 2 of these Axo's, dont think you'll find one for $150, maybe a xxxl and the last one somewhere!

That lid looks great. Right now I was looking at the Shoei X-Eleven or RF-1000. My dealer can get me the X-Eleven for $501 and the RF-1000 for $430.

If I get solid colors the X-Eleven will drop to $430 and the RF-1000 would drop down to $320. I really like the look of the carbon fiber AXO, but I will have to try to find a dealer around hear that carries it so I can try it on. Thanks for all of the help so far guys.

Back