Carbon helmet

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at helmets and came across the HJC Carbon AC-12.

I want it to be light but also want it to be strong and look good. I have been looking at some of the graphic helmets but the colors dont match my blue..so I tought it would be just as good to get something different then blue.

Anyone have a carbon helmet? Do you like or not like??

I have 3,2 AXO RR-6's and a Vemar.I like them both,light with all the DOT & SNELL endorcements.The fit on the vemar could be a bit better,but its not that bad.The AXO is an excellent lid all around,fairly cool with a tad bit of noise,which comes with ALL well vented lids.

i have the vemar , just picked up an extra couple of shields 1 blue mirror 1 tinted its a great helmet ! get lots of comments about it !
cool.gif

Its a good looking helmet .Been looking at it for awhile just cant bring myself to that kind of money right now..

I have it.... I like it.....

It's light and the noise isn't that bad, also put on a dark tint visor. It is well made too. I have about 10k miles on it and its still in good shape, it comes with a nose guard and the pads come out in a snap for a wash.
Go 4 it

ac12.jpg

Got the HJC as well with the dark visor...received many compliments.  Very light, looks cool, can be somewhat noisy if it bothers you badly.  Out of box (advertised) worn by 10+ AMA pro racers including Ben Spies, Aaron Yates and Jason Pridmore. I'm sure they are paid handsomely but they aren't going to wear anything that hinders them from winning.

HJC_CF.jpg

i have the hjc carbon, has a nice fit, i really like the looks, it looks good with either the dark smoke or mirror shield.

I bought the non-carbon version of that helmet when I first got my bike. I liked it alot but it seemed excessively noisy. I tried on a few helmets and came to the unscientific conclusion that they are all noisy- none any worse than any other. I ended up buying a Shoei since the HJC carbon was on backorder at the time- I loved the HJC fog-free shield. I also ended up using ear plugs to cut down on wind noise.

They have the Carbon model in stock at my local dealer and it looks great!

got my HJC CF back in June, and its a great lid for me. Traded i my new ICON lid that matched my jacket for it. The ICON lid was way too tight, and heavier in XL. Got the HJC AC-12 CF in XL (already have a HJC CL-14 in XL) and it fits way better.

I got no comlaints about wind noise or anything-its a bike helmet, not an air bubble or space helmet...they all allow noise, so YOU CAN HEAR SHID!

Back