HJC Helmet parts

Blue Lightning

Registered
Does anyone have a hook-up on HJC helmet parts? The external chin vent broke on mine and I need a new one. It's an HJC AC-12 Carbon. My local shop ordered the part listed in the catalog under 10-933(?) but it's some rubbery internal vents that aren't even for an AC-12. Help!?
please.gif

AC-12 carbon huh?
If thats the newest im thinking of, you should be able to hit up HJC right away and tell em their product sucks.
"give me a new one"

Just one thought.

get the number to HJC customer service. I had a part break one time and they were great to deal with and sent me a replacment part, seems like I had it within three days of the call. HJC is a great company to work with.

get the number to HJC customer service. I had a part break one time and they were great to deal with and sent me a replacment part, seems like I had it within three days of the call.  HJC is a great company to work with.
My experience also. They sent me free of charge, both sides of the shield hinge apparatus for my CL14, a helmet they don't even make anymore. Got it within a couple days. Great CS.

So overall what do you think of the HJC AC-12 Carbon. I am in the market to buy another helmet. I had a JOr Rocket 101 Carbon and was not happy with it. It whistled badly and it didn't have very many detents for the visor to be open. I like riding with it about 2/3 open with glasses on. I had to send it back because of a tear in the carbon cloth.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
So overall what do you think of the HJC AC-12 Carbon[/quote]

I like it. I just posted in another thread. I used to have a Nolan modular that was WAY too heavy. Therefore, I never wore it. The HJC is by far the lightest helmet for the money. It also doesn't try to snap my spine when I do my lifesavers. The build quality is pretty good. Rocks will chip the clear coat, though. The broken chin vent is 100% my fault. The visor is relatively easy to change (but I have little experience with other makes). The liner is very easily removable. The helmet actually has a nifty sculpting to the shape; it certainly looks aerodynamic.

Funny you mention the visor. That's exactly how I've been riding (at low speeds) - sunglasses on and visor open. It's been in the high ninety's. It doesn't whistle as much as I thought it would.

Overall the airflow seems good but the trade-off for that is always noise. That said, this helmet is better than some others I've tried (noise-wise) while flowing more air.

Didn't mean to turn this in to an HJC article, but I hope it helps.

Update: HJC is sending the part free of charge. Let's hope it's the right one!
thumb_up.gif

Back