New Jersey ride 3/31/07

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
To New Hope.

Pace: Slow, we have over 15 bikes.

First Meet spot: Route 78, Exist 33 at the Exxon

Time: 10:00 a.m. Stands up at 11:00 a.m.

Anticipated arrival in New Hope: 4:00 p.m.

Destination: Fran's Pub across from Havana's.

Route: somerset, Hunterdon, Warren, Pa to New Hope

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

a) Don’t forget your paper work... Come legal or don't come at all;
b) Pre-check your ride (tire pressure, brakes...etc.);
c) Come with a full tank;
d) Bring cash for pub;
e) Familiarize yourself with group ride etiquette;
f) If u have them, then bring them ==> charged Chatterboxes and/or Radios;
g) This will not be a motoGP circuit ==> Expect an easy moderate pace, turtlish at times;
h) Get a good night's rest... you will need your energy for the long ride;
i) Gear Up and Dress Warm;
j) BE SAFE!

And don't forget the basics of group riding:
1. Ride staggered and allow a safe following distance.
2. Let faster riders pass you if you're holding them up (pet peeve of mine).
3. You're the link between the leader and the guy immedietely behind you. If you think he (the follower) went down or is gonna lose the group, slow down and wait for him. The guy in front of you will slow down in turn.
4. Ride your own ride. Don't go in over your head trying to keep up with a faster guy - this is the primary reason guys go down in my experience.

030927_EOS_0031.jpg

(GKBUSA @ Mar. 14 2007,11:08) Looks fun. From Edison, Exit 10 NJTP. Get to Jersey twice a year to see the family.
and I used to live for a few years in releigh, cary, chapel hill. I used to always go to Greensboro for the GGA tour.
beerchug.gif

there's already 30+ sport bikes up for this... It'll have to be a calmn pace but still fun for a season opener.

Let me know if anyone is up for this... Gotta keep track of the head count... bottom line, if you're not there at 1100 then you missed it.

it's now going to be split into two routes... one leisure for a roockies and the other will be "spirited". Either way no knee pucks needed!

(Commuta_Busa @ Mar. 21 2007,13:27) it's now going to be split into two routes... one leisure for a roockies and the other will be "spirited". Either way no knee pucks needed!
hey ken where did you find out that the meet is going to be split? i didnt see anything on tssb

thx man

yup pretty sure it's the Bernardsville exit...

There was a seperate thread talking about how big the group is getting (30+ riders) and how the experieced riders wanted to have a small "spirited" group and the rest will go in the tame group which will include some noobs.

I just wanna get out with the group for the first ride and take some good group pics. Provide traffic control, sweep, or whatever else to help. I also suggested that the ride shouldn't be split as it's the first group ride of the season and if a small group needs to they can always peel off after or go out on Sunday. Keep the group together...

(DEVLDOG @ Mar. 27 2007,10:43) too bad im already only about 15mi from new hope or else id be in....
there's lots guys from PA commin out to this one. It would just mean that in the end you're probably the closest to home.

well the ride was great ,dont know if any of you went we had alot of bikes it actually broke off into 3 seperate groups to control numbers, good turn out hopefully for the next one more will show ...........

the ride was excellent, lots of bike and mature riders.

sorry guys I had to leave without saying goodbye to everyone.

I hope to ride again with you very soon.

Take care.

Richard
2001 black/gray hayabusa

Back