New home builder question

Releeuw45

Registered
Hello,

Being new to this board I have a question.
I'm doing a homemade turbo conversion on my GSXR 750 '01. Engine is still stock with 1:12CR, fitted with port H2O injection, under tank intercooler and based on GT2052V Garrett. Fuel is 95 or 98 octane. For tuning I use LC-1 wideband, EGT sensor, MC datalogger and a prototype piggyback Bike ECU from a South African firm called Perfect power.

My question: My bike will be used for track days and I only need a mild tune. How much boost do you guys think is possible without decompression ?

Any other comment are welcomed. Thanks

Rene,
Netherlands

Wow ... way too technical for me. But welcome to the site, and here's a free bump.

I hope that someone recognizes the question, since it's not clear from the post.

Maybe you can post the same question with a new title:
"Gixxer 750 Turbo"
"Question."

Good luck.

7-8 PSI is my guess, but with intercooler and high octane, maybe a little more.

You sould check over on sh.org and someone may be able to give you an answer on a 750

I built a 96 750 , no intercooler but did have h20 inj
at 10psi i holed a piston, you can hear it pinging if you have a full exhaust, sounds like the turbo is self destructing when actually it is the engine.

6 psi is lots for a trackday, i took mine to an open practice day and there was a superbike racer practicing for a local round , i could pass him on the straight, but then from the next corner he was gone
laugh.gif

If you want more stability for a slight cornering cost a busa swingarm will go on and add 30mm wheelbase.

I would say 6-7 with water and good gas would be about it with stock comp, if you run with a gauge or warning light for A/F and had a dead on dyno map done you could get away with 8 but that would be it'

Back