Questions, new to Hayabusa's..........

Huge update..............................

Today I got the clutch wires repaired, only to find the switch wasn't working. Easy, cleaned contacts, and now the clutch safety works good. Reconnected the PC3 and took it for a ride, HUGE difference, lifted the front easily. Pulls like I felt it should have from the start. But it was still only was getting 28 mpg. I was also getting a little decal popping. So I pull the PC3 off and took the same route real quick, boom!! Power was still good and now it's getting me 39 mpg even with a couple 100mph hard run ups. I'm still having a gut feeling that the computer has been flashed including fuel mapping. I'm not sure if I should pull it and have it reflashed so I can use the PC3 tuning or just run the current flash without the PC3. I guess I could simply put a non-tune into the PC3 and leave it installed. Just seems if I don't need it, its kind of like nipples on a boar hog. I'm definitely leaving the ATRE off, not needed. Anyone want it?

I was so excited how much better it was, the wife was looking at me like I had a third ear. Down to just a couple things to make the bike complete for me and the wife. New front brake pads (sitting on the bench right now), a set of bar risers, shorter rider pegs, and replace the rear spring for a heavier like I did in the front. Lastly a under seat power connection for charging the phone ect.

great lookin' ride but something caught my attention. you said it's an 04' but has 02' bodywork? i realize that is the least of your worries but i'm curious to know.:whistle:

As with most used bikes, this one probably has an interesting history. Lot of "upgrade" stuff on it. Even to the point of the cut/welded/underbraced swing arm, which oddly enough is stock length?!? I actually love the color on it, I did wind up removing lots of chrome "bling" items. Swapped them with a friend of mine who wanted the chrome stuff for his bike, I went back to the stock pieces when I could. Not that I'm a stock only type of guy, I just prefer a more subtle look. Less flash is my school of thought.

Well, the question still stands............... should I:
a) pull the PC3 and leave it alone
b) pull the computer, have it flashed to stock, and run the PC3 with maps/dyno tune
c) keep the computer as is, load the PC3 with a "zero" map, and then a dyno tune from there

I'm leaning toward "c" as it runs REALLY nice with the current state of the computer, but it would leave some room for future PC3 tuning. I'd really like some feed back here guys, what do you think?

Back