New Guy

macetech

Registered
Hey everyone! Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Mace. I own a 2006 hayabusa among a few other bikes.
I am currently (well not technically, im in the sandbox at the moment) converting it to something as close to a cafe racer as I can. avoiding "streetfighter" pitfalls. I am trying to stick true to convention.
I have a rather avid lust for cafe bikes and have converted a number of bikes into what I would at least classify as the genre.
So far I removed all those plastic panels they put on these bikes to keep the good bits from getting dirty. I think some people call them "fairings".
Modified the wiring harness to put the fuse blocks and all associated wiring and relays under the gas tank and seat, bought vortex clipons, accossato MC's (thanks pashnit) galfer lines and a few other good bits. Made new mufflers. And am in the process of finishing up my design for a new subframe and seat.
When I return I will be sure to post up some pics of the build. After all this is America, we read pictures here, not words.

Thanks for such a great place to find information and share what little I might be able to add.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Does anyone happen to know of a good 7(ish) inch single headlight housing?
like on harleys or some british bikes.

I seem to only come across the $14.95 version and the $295 version. there has to be one in between. cant say that I really trust a $14.95 headlight on a superbike.

Back