New guy to the forums...

EtHeR

Registered
what's up all My name is Cameron I am 25 from Tucson Az, just taking some time to introduce my self. I am going to be purchasing my first Busa soon (as soon as the color I want gets in to the local dealer). I have been on a few bike mostly dirt, I have been on some 600 and a few 1000gsxr. I have also been out on my uncles 345hp turboed 04' busa a few time. Now I can't seem to find anyone with an 08' in my area. My question is how diffrent is the 08' from a later model like 04'? Other than the obvious power, looks, etc. Has the feel of the bike totally changed from 04' to 08'? i apologize if this is something that has been ask a 1000 time. If there is a thread you could direct me to or a post that would help also. And does anyone in Tucson AZ know of a good place to get parts other than the Ride Now shops??? Thanks

welcome.gif
to the org. I dont have an 08 so I cant give good help there. someone will be around though. congrat on the new bike.
super.gif

Yes I am a noob to the Busa but that is why I am here to learn as much as possible from the wise ones...

Welcome to the .Org, EtHeR
beerchug.gif

Try a search in the "New 2008 Busa Threads"; you should find some information there. From what I've read in Cycle World (maybe check their website for the article), the "feel" isn't much different, except that the tank and windscreen profiles have changed on the '08 to allow you to "tuck in" better. I haven't heard anything significantly different about the handling.

Post up pics when you get her
thumb_up.gif

welcome.gif
aboard!
hello.gif

While I don't own an '08, I have ridden one and let me tell ya - it's nice! One word to describe the '08 over the Gen 1's is REFINED.

That said, I love my '04 and don't think you can go wrong either way. Find what you like and post up pics when you get her!
thumb_up.gif

Welcome! I have the orange K8 and love everything about it. Never owned an earlier model but the measurements on the gen 1 and gen2 are very very close so I think the feel would be real similar. Congrats and what color are you waiting for?

There's a couple of guys on the board down your way. I'd run screaming from any of the RideNow Powersports stores. If they have what you want, at a price you are happy with, go for it. Just be wary of all of the "extras" that the F&I guy will try to sell you.

Also, if you don't have a lot of street experience, PLEASE ask yourself if a 'Busa is truly the bike for you at this time. Maybe consider another bike to really hone your street skills with, and then move up to the 'Busa. You might want to price out insurance, 'cuz it's gonna kill your budget, due to your age, and because it's a "high risk" vehicle.

I'm not trying to be negative, just looking out for you. I'd say the same to anyone, including my own family.

Regardless, RIDE SAFE!
beerchug.gif

Back